Monday, August 8, 2016

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON..Her first week in the field...

Hey there!
 I've survived my first week in the field! To be totally honest, it was the longest week of my life. But it was also super fun and interesting!
My trainer is Sister Barnes, from Ventura, California. She is literally the nicest person on the planet, and she has absolutely the cutest laugh ever. She's 24, and this is actually her last transfer :(. So I'll be taking over the area when she leaves, which means I'll be training my second trainer on the area while she trains me how to be a missionary. It'll be an adventure! But Sis. Barnes likes to run, so I still get to do that :) and she eats super healthy, which is very motivating for me to eat healthy too. Also I can always trust her to have my back in teaching situations, which helps my anxiety when we're talking to people. I think she's the perfect trainer for me!
I've inherited a baptism! His name is Rick and he's being baptized on August 27. He and his wife are so funny, and we get to teach them all the time. I have also met a really cool family from Iraq, though we're not allowed to teach most Muslims here because when they go back to their home country they are in serious danger if they don't practice the Muslim faith anymore. But we teach them English and help them with their mail, which is awesome.
OH! So the whole mission is reading the Book of Mormon in 40 days, and we're asking Heavenly Father for 40 baptisms this transfer. It's been really cool to read the Book of Mormon that fast, because the stories make more sense when you read them quickly. You guys should try it! ;)
I'm super pumped for P-day! Apparently we're going to play marshmallow dodgeball with the whole zone later. Sis. Barnes says the Elders are ruthless and we'll probably have bruises from the giant mallows. But I think I can take them. Haha it should be quite the adventure.
I love you all! Thank you for all the prayers and mail! :) You are the best!
Love,
Sister Johnson

1 comment:

  1. that is great to see that Sarah is doing so well. It would be nice to know where she is serving.

    ReplyDelete