Monday, September 12, 2016

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON...Time For a New Companion...



Well, my companion left yesterday, and it made me very sad. But I'm so excited for her to go see her family and all. Sister Barnes was just the best, and I'm so grateful that I got to be her only trainee, because now she's gonna send me stuff. :) Yay! Haha
Something funny I realized this week is that I'm pretty sure Spokane has more squirrels than birds. Every morning I wake up to squirrels chirping? screaming? growling? Idk squirrels do something and they're pretty vocal about it. So fun fact for you guys! 
We also got chewed out by an old air force veteran the other day. He started yelling at us about how he's a warrior for Christ and how other Christians call us "Morons". Ha ha, like I haven't heard that one before :P. It was kind of weird, since he approached us and then tried to talk regular conversation with us and tell us how we need to be careful out there. I meet so many interesting people being a missionary, it's pretty adventurous. 
Oh! We finished the Book of Mormon the other day! And guess what?? We got our 40 baptism goal!! Miracles do happen! :D The mission is pretty excited today, since the news finally broke out. We got 40 baptisms exactly. So crazy, right? I love that I've already read the book all the way through on my mission, because this time there were lots of new things I learned and noticed. Like when Ammon, after his mission, gets so excited to see his brothers that he passes out. Look it up - Alma 27:17. Hopefully i'm not quite that happy when I get home, that would be embarrassing... Or  when Giddianhi, the Gadianton robber leader writes this super long, super bold letter to Lachoneus, the Nephite leader, and says something like "Yo, we're going to take away all your freedom because we're gangster. So you should just give up now." and Lachoneus is "exceedingly astonished, because of the boldness of Giddianhi demanding the possession of the land". Can you imagine Lachoneus just being like, "Wait, what?" (3 Nephi 3:1-11) See? the scriptures can be funny, haha. 
Church yesterday included a missionary presentation for the entire ward, featuring me and sister Barnes. It went super well, and the Bishop backed us up. He said something like "As bishop, I hold the keys to missionary work, and we're going to get this engine started", and the ward was really receptive. It's going to be really amazing to see how the Lord gets his work going here, and I'm excited to be a missionary in this area. The ward is so supportive and kind. I'm only a little nervous about taking over the area for the next little bit. I know Heavenly Father will support us though, and everything will work out. As Sister Barnes used to say, "You can't mess up the Lord's work, as long as you're working". :)

Speaking of Sister Barnes, my new trainer is Sister Whitehead! I'll meet her tomorrow morning :). She's only been out maybe one transfer more than I have, so we'll both be learning :). I'm excited to meet her, I hear she's really nice.

I love all of you! :) Until next week,
Sister Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment