Thursday, March 2, 2017

ELDER MATTHEW LEBARON - 02/27 - Jayden's baptism, exchanges, and hiking



What up,


Sorry for the short email again, we had so much packed into pday today, and then when i went to the church, there wasn't any wifi, which really messed everything up, so don't worry about the time it was sent, it will be whenever I get wifi, which will hopefully be sent tonight, but no promises. 


We baptized Jayden on friday, and it was super awesome a ton of people showed up! He is one funny kid, when he got into the font he started to swim... weird. His grandpa that was baptizing him got mad him, and it was super awkward. But we proceeded with the baptism anyways. His grandpa has to be at least 80 years old, and he is hard of hearing. It was kind of funny hearing him trying to do the baptismal ordinance, he started out with " by the authority of the  Melchizedek  priesthood which I hold" realizing he was doing it wrong, he was embarrassed yet persistent. Then followed "in the name of jesus christ" finally me and my companion in unison shouted "having been commissioned of Jesus christ" what a weird baptism, but definitely not the weirdest I've been to. 


We went hiking today as a district, it was a little strange, because we started the hike backwards, because we had no idea what we were doing, it was kind of weird, because the top was on a major road, so we pretty much went down hill the whole first part, and as a reward we got to see the a few trees at the bottom of the trail, but hiking back up was cool, it had a really good view.


I went on exchanges with the Zone leaders this passed week, it was dope. One of my zone leaders is seriously the best. He is so cool. When we were on the free way, our tire popped, which Ive never really experienced for, but its kind of scary when your tire pops going that fast, we thought the road was just super messed up. We quickly pulled over at a mcdonalds, and my zone leader looked at me, he said he had never changed a tire before, luckily for us, I had changed a tire once before, and I kind of knew what I was doing. The car jack was broken, and so that made things like 10 million times harder, but we got everything worked out, the next thing I knew we were taking surface streets all day on our little spare, and then spent two hours at pep boys, we chilled at waba grill, which is amazing, I've never seen one outside of cali but its awesome. What a good day. The exchange went a little longer because we had a long lesson, so I stayed another night. Life is good. Missionary work is hard, but rewarding. This up coming week I hit my 9 month mark, whooo.


Love, 
Elder LeBaron
614 west foothill Blvd, Arcadia California, 91006

No comments:

Post a Comment