Tuesday, February 6, 2018

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 2/5 - I can hardly believe it is February already,...

I can hardly believe it is February already, and that I have been back on the mission for 2 whole months now! Just one month to go, and I'm sure it's going to fly by. I blinked and this last week just disappeared on me!
I have 2 cute new companions now. Sister Hall and Sister Cardon and I have had a lot of fun going out and talking to people. And of course, there has been a lot of laughter, because missions are boring if you're not laughing. We found 2 new investigators last week! Schuyler (pronounced Skylar) and Tony, and they are both super promising. Schuyler especially was exciting to find though. He came to us as a referral from a friend, and straight up in our first lesson with him, he was all "I was reading in the Book of Mormon the other day, and I just opened to a verse (it ended up being 3 Nephi 26:17-21) and it talked about baptism, and I think it's a sign God wants me to be baptized in this church". I admit, that is absolutely the first time I've showed up for a first lesson, and someone had already been reading the Book of Mormon, much less wanted to be baptized. WE ARE SO EXCITED ABOUT IT. We got to teach Schuyler the Restoration of the Gospel that day, and later on we got to share the Plan of Salvation, and it's all just been so fun, because he's actually really into it. Pray for Schuyler, he's super cool! 
I made a transfer goal this transfer, and it's to eat better. And I just wanted to report to you all, that I had fruits and veggies every day in my new area. And Sister Hall has tried everything I've made, and either I'm a pretty alright chef, or she's a really good liar. Here's to 6 more weeks of better eating and food adventures! 
Also this week, we have made contact with a bunch of people who used to have missionaries over, and half of them set up appointments to see us this coming week, so that's been awesome. It's probably been one of the most productive weeks of my whole mission, if I'm honest. We all felt so good about our work this week :). 
It's been kind of cool to be in this particular tri-panionship. I've been out what, 17 months now? And Sister Cardon has been out 6, and Sister Hall has been out about 5. They call me the Senior companion (which I guess is accurate because sometimes I feel like I"m 80 years old out here). But as a senior companion in my last transfer, I've really focused a lot on what I have to offer these sisters here from my experience as a missionary, and what I have to offer the people here in Dishman Mica and Bowdish before I head back home for real. It's been really inspiring and motivational, and I've found a lot of purpose and happiness in looking at things that way. It's made me pick out my talents as a missionary, and actually use them, and work on my weaknesses. It's just been really cool. It's amazing to figure out how to use the Atonement of Jesus Christ in my everyday life. I'm not perfect at it by all means, but I think I'm starting to get it. It's really just about developing all the good things we like in ourselves, and slowly cutting out the things we don't really like in ourselves. But mostly it's a focus on the good things :) because God loves us no matter what. And when we understand that He really does love us, we naturally want to become better. IT"S AMAZING OK. THE GOSPEL IS TRUE. 

Here are some pics from the week! 
The first is Sister Carson. She emptied her pockets to find the house key. This picture documents the things missionaries carry in their coat pockets. Can you spot the key? Haha 
 Also I got to see the Hermanas again! I bought an hermana tag so I can blend in with them now;) 
 
 We've also been updating our digital area book. Someone wrote this on a record where elders didn't report any lessons. Bad missionaries >:(
 Aaaand here are the three of us chilling at the family history center, because we were slackers this week and have no pictures of our adventures together. 
Anyways, I love you all so much! Keep your chins up, life is so good. :) 
Sister Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment