Tuesday, February 6, 2018

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 1/29 - Hello friends and family! :D

I have some news for you! 
I am being transferred! 
Back to where I came from!
And elders are taking over Grangeville! 
So I'm going to go be in a tri-panionship again, this time in the Dishman Mica and Bowdish wards in Spokane East. My new companions will be Sister Cardon and Sister Hall, and it's going to be one crazy adventure. I don't know my address yet... but I'll be living literally down the street from the mission office, so anyone who wants to send me mail, the mission office will probably be just as fast as sending things directly to me :). 
This last week had some good highlights in it. 
Monday was a bummer because the elders all the way in Orofino had an early dinner scheduled, so there would be no point to driving 4 hours round trip to see them for an hour. Oh well. So we stayed home and pretty much did nothing for pday, which was kinda nice too I guess. 
We got to finally sit down and teach Janet a lesson on Wednesday!! She and Cowboy are our favorite people, they are just so awesome. She came to Grangeville, and we got to share the Plan of Salvation with her. She really liked it :). And then on Sunday after church, Cowboy came to the regional conference broadcast with Brother Knutzen, and we got to teach him the Plan of Salvation too! Now they're both on the same lesson. They are literally the sweetest people. And Cowboy, without us bringing it up, said he will get baptized into this church because the scriptures say to, and he wants to!! The elders sweeping us out better take good care of them, and go to Elk City all the time to see them, because I'm going to come back and haunt them if they don't. These people are golden!
We actually got to go back out to Elk City on Thursday :). I just love Elk City. If I could serve just in Elk City, I would be so happy. The people out there are just a different kind of fantastic from city folks. They're a trip. I love them all so much. Brother Knutzen even fed us grilled cheese sandwiches, and Cowboy shared elk burger with us. Everyone was just so nice. We also got to take lots of pictures, I'll have to send some :). 
Otherwise this week consisted of a lot of Chocolate Dyno-Bites cereal, packing, cheering up some elders, and seeing everyone to say goodbye. Grangeville is sad to see sisters go... but we keep telling them the elders are going to be awesome! 
So here come my 14th and 15th companions in 13 transfers. Am I the crazy sister? Probably. But who doesn't like a grand adventure, right? Maybe I'll hold the mission record for "most companions" haha. 

Anyways, I love you all! Keep smiling and sharing your light with the world :). 

Here are some pictures, 
 
 
one's of the snowplow who basically saved our life by plowing in front of us the whole way to Elk City :D. 
 
Also a picture of us with Cowboy, Janet, and Brother Knutzen :).
 
 Of course you all needed a car selfie. 
 
 
And a pic of the scenery :) we have one of the most beautiful areas. 
 
 Me and Sister Sonenstahl and the sweet icicles that hang all along the highway to Elk City 
 
 
 And a picture from last night when we went to see Ryan and Quentin, a couple of our investigators in White Bird. Ryan is the one without the face mask haha. 
 
 And a picture of us and the Elk City Tank. 
 
 
And of me with all the turkeys by Bro Knutzen's house haha. 
 
 
Sorry here are some more pictures off of Sister Sonenstahl's camera :)
We did a puzzle over the last week, and it kept us sane. Isn't it awesome? It's 1500 pieces :D 
 

 
 
And a picture of Jammie and Pete, some of our favorite recent converts :)) 
 
 
 
And a picture of our district at Sis Sonenstahl's last district meeting ever! :'(
 
 
Sister Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment