Friday, January 26, 2018

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 1/22 - Hello friend and family! :D

This week absolutely ROCKED and I'm really pumped about it. Here it goes. 
Monday we got to hang out with the whole zone. It was pretty sweet. We played some intense 4-square, and "Set me up" (which I played waaaay back in the Moscow days of my mission). I came home with bruises everywhere, but it's ok. Because at least it wasn't a marshmallow to the face this time. 
Tuesday.... well, Sister Sonenstahl got really sick, and I didn't feel so hot either. We ate some questionable Dairy Queen for lunch on Monday, and it was not a happy experience. So we stayed in all day, and napped, and read the Book of Mormon, and cleaned the house. 
Wednesday we got to go out visiting people with our brand new member, Sister Schellenburg! She and her new husband moved here for an internship, and she is super super bored, so she comes with us to stuff. Shout out goes to her for being the MVP this week. We went to the thrift store and she drove us all the way to Craigmont for a great lesson with our recent convert, Jeff. It was an adventurous day. 
Thursday was really chill and kind of boring. 
Friday we had a great district meeting, and the zone leaders even showed up as our special guests. I feel like the city missionaries have this air of class, and sophistication (well, as much sophistication as 19 year old boys can get I guess). And down here in the "up river district" we've all kind of lost it. Like we're straight up crazy. Elder McChesney even stuffed himself in the fridge. And while we all laughed, there was this slight fear in the zone leaders eyes.... like they're not really sure we're ok. Haha but it's all good, they can't really do anything about it. We also had exchanges on Friday, so Sister Nickle and Sister Hall came to hang out with us for the night. Sister Nickle and I found a new investigator!! His name is Michael, and he's 10, and from last Sunday to Friday he had read all the way to 1 Nephi 10. His grandma and mom are members, and it's been so fun to go over and talk to them and teach Michael. He asks such good questions, and he likes us so that's been awesome :). 
SATURDAY WAS THE BEST THOUGH BECAUSE WE FINALLY GOT TO GO TO ELK CITY!!! Wow it was awesome. The Pierces took us all the way out there. It's the furthest we can drive away from our mission home haha. I finally got to meet our investigators, Cowboy and Janet. And Janet invited  us to eat Chinese food where she works on February 2nd. Sister Schellenburg has offered to drive us, and I'm so excited about that. But we did get to talk to Cowboy at dinner with a whole group of our members out there. It was at the Doherty's house, and they basically live in a medieval castle. The outside looks like a cottage, but it's literally a medieval castle inside, complete with open fireplaces, no electric heat, candelabras, bear furs, gargoyles, you name it. It's there. It was awesome!! I'll have to send lots of pictures, but it still doesn't do that place justice. We got to stay the night and everything, and we almost froze haha. The dinner and the company were wonderful though :). And Cowboy asked us what the difference between prophets and disciples is, and we had the best conversation about it with him. He's reading the Book of Mormon and everything, and wants to come to church again this coming Sunday :). He's just one of the sweetest people ever, and I think he'll get baptized sooner than later. 
I just love Elk City, and all the people. I wish we could go live there. I finally felt like I belong in the Grangeville ward, but it's an hour and a half east of here..... haha. I'll definitely be going out there as often as we can find rides (because I'm not sure I trust myself to drive that scary road haha). 
Anyways, thank you all for the prayers!! It's working, and we're going to get this place hopping. I'm so excited to be a missionary!! :D 

Here are some fabulous pictures from the castle we slept at. The picture of the bed, is the bed I got to sleep in haha. I love that place. 
 





I also love you all! I hope you all get to have amazing weeks. Sister Sonenstahl goes home next week, so here starts the week of "last time she does ____" haha. We're getting excited about it :). 



Until next week! 
Sister Johnson

Here is a picture of the random abandoned toilet we always drive past on our way to district meeting.
And pictures of us at Mod pizza a couple weeks ago, feat. 



 Jay West, who I met back in Moscow YSA a long time ago! 
 
 
 Also my mama sent me an adorable llama sweater. Can't beat that. The baby llama is even fuzzy. :D 
 
 
Ok that's all! Adios! :)
 

Sorry I just can't resist sending more pictures. This week was awesome ok?
Sister Sonenstahl and I met the nicest cat ever named Leo. He lives with the Carey's, who are some of our really cool members :). 

 
Also some more pictures of the medieval house. The pictures of Sister Sonenestahl and the bearded man? That's Cowboy :D 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment