Sunday, March 4, 2018

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 2/26 - Hello again! :)

It's been one more week on this crazy adventure. I only really have 2 more full weeks of missionary work, and then I'll be a regular civilian again. We're getting close, people! Get ready for this Sister to be an adult someday! ;D 
Mostly this week..... was basic I guess? Not a lot is sticking out as especially fantastic. 
Oh! The hermanas moved in with us, and I love them so much. Hermana Mallett and Hermana Wood are super cute and they help keep the kitchen pretty clean, so that rocks. And we have fun talking after our long days of work. Hermana Mallett thinks I'm particularly funny, so we get along great. And she's always quick to comment on how great I look in face maks (which it turns out are super fun to put on, regardless of if it's really helping my face or not). 
Oh Friday was really great! We got to go and sing a song to a senior missionary couple whose mission just ended over the weekend (but they live here in this stake, so it's ok because I'll still see them). Another elderly sister from the office had a friend rewrite the lyrics to "Popcorn Popping". It went something like this;
I looked out the window and what did I see?
Elder McFarlane bringing stuff to me.
Vacuums, lamps and pans and mattresses
Some even think he is Santa Claus
He can keep a shed organized and neat
Get rid of bed bugs which is a feat
No matter the time or
What he needs to do 
He will say "I'll get it right out to you!" 

I went to the ER and what did I see?
Sister McFarlane right there next to me
She's so patient, kind, supplies a crutch
Always says "Have fun, but not too much!"
She's a super chef, no one dares to beat.
Her meals and treats are a joy to eat.
There hardly is a day
When she doesn't say
"Remember you need to pay your co-pay!"

Isn't that just so cute? I love the McFarlanes. Sis McFarlane is the mission nurse who took such good care of me when I had to go home. I want to be her best friend. (Also she really does make stellar food.) 
After we sang to them we got to go to District meeting. And after district meeting, the whole zone got together for lunch. Sister Banks and Sister McFarlane made it for us, and it was the best chicken tortilla soup and rolls ever. I just love those ladies!! 
Hm... oh it snowed a lot the other day and I almost got stuck in a retention ditch. But never fear, this Arizona girl knows where the AWD button is, and was not phased by the wicked white death! (Also I have waaaaaaay too much pride to call the elders and ask for help digging us out. I'd go to almost any length to just get unstuck by myself haha) 
Well, the only other fantastic thing from this week was last pday, where we got to play volleyball with the Spokane Valley zone, and I got to see Sister Blake again :). Also we taught the elders ballet, and it was pretty fantastic actually. Elder Stewart is actually pretty good at it. The others try real hard haha. 
Otherwise that's pretty much it! I love you all! Keep smiling :) 
Sister Johnson 

Here are some pictures from the snow the other day!

And a picture of our fantastic lunch at district meeting :). 
 
 Also... turns out Android phones have "Easter eggs" to find. One of them is this weird kind of cat app? Like it's not technically a game. But you put "food" in a "dish" in your settings, and cats start showing up, and you can name them? Like Pokemon go.... but not? Because you literally don't do anything and cats just show up in your notifications. 
Needless to say, I have 22 cats now. Here's to being a virtual cat lady! ;) 





No comments:

Post a Comment