Tuesday, March 13, 2018

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 3/12 - Well..... here it is, the final countdown.

It is so bittersweet. I've heard so many missionaries say that before, and I always felt like they didn't give enough description. But now that I'm staring the end of my mission right in the eyes, bittersweet is the only word I have. I've never been so excited for the end of something, and so sad to be leaving too. I have wanted to cry all day, but also laugh and pack and get going. 
This week was simultaneously the worst and the best, but I'll just talk about the good stuff. :) 
I've been doing really good at not eating sugar so much! When the hermanas wanted ice cream the other day, and tried to convince me to just get whatever I wanted, I went with the sugar free flavors, because I'm committed dangit. And when the hermanas pulled out a box of thin mints, and told me to "live a little" because it's the end of my mission, I said "No! I'll eat thin mints at home, I'm committed!" It's been hard, but I"m so proud of myself haha. 
Well, we just decided that today we want to go to Latah, because there are sweet places to take pictures there, and it's way better than doing boring stuff here in Spokane Valley, like shopping and cleaning. So..... this email is short. 
But I have an important announcement! 
My homecoming talk will be on the 18th of March (yes, one day after I fly home. It's awesome) The address is 1455 North Harris Drive MESA, Arizona 85203-3828, and you should all be there or be square. ;) (except my cute missionary friends, I totally understand. Go serve the Lord :) ) The meeting starts at 11, and I have 20 minutes to talk, so get ready for some tears and some diatribes about how awesome missions are ok? 

Pictures! 
 3 pictures from the corner of Best and Mission. Because who has the best mission? We do. ;D



3 are from the crazy service project on Saturday that we did with most of the zone. We were searching through enormous piles of trash in a guys yard to find glass, tin, iron... anything he could sell for recyclables. I found some cool souvenirs for Sis Cardon and I. I guess you could say I'm a professional treasure hunter ;). 




 And 3 pictures from MLC last week! It was so, so good to be there, and to bear my testimony one last time to all of those good people. I'm gonna miss this place for sure. (Also featuring Elder St John and Sister Hulsey from the original St Maries-Plummer squad. Man I missed those guys) 



Ok here are some pictures from our Ward mission leader, bro Palmer, and his family. They're so funny, I love them. 



Also there are some pics from when Sis Cardon and I went to downtown Spokane last pday. Good stuff. I love the running guys statue thing.



Ok I love you all! Thank you for supporting me and praying for me this whole time! It's been one crazy run, but it's been so worth it. Here's to the rest of my life and all the adventures it has to hold. 
Peace out for the last time as a Sister missionary. 
Love,
Sister Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment