Wednesday, November 23, 2016

ELDER MATT LEBARON - 11/14 - Music rule, the election, and exchanges



Welcome to another LeBaron weekly, 

This week something incredible happened, our music rule was changed so that we can now listen to anything that is gospel related, or talks about Jesus, which is awesome. I've been jamming out to all sorts of stuff lately, our whole mission has been going crazy with this rule. So if anyone has a ton of music that is of the Jesus sorts, I will send you a USB to put it all on. After about 5 and half months of just hymns, you start to go a little crazy, not to say that there are a lot of other missionaries out here that have gone a lot longer than I have, but still. The spirit sure filled zone meeting when this new rule was announced. It's been a little discouraging, because every zone meeting there is something new taken away which inspired this meme below (iPad missions are cool because you can do a lot with them, even make memes if you want in your free time) . It's nice for once to be given something, and the music I've been listening to lately has been pumping me up, even just the stuff on LDS.org is awesome compared to just hymns. 





This whole election thing has really caused a stir, literally everyone we meet with talks about it with us, it's definitely made for some really interesting gospel related conversations with members, non-members, and less actives. The members that we live with had the election polls blaring in the background of our studies, it was all in Spanish, but we kept hearing trump, so we were sure that he was winning, in the morning Fred (one of the members we live with) excitedly told us that Trump had won, and so began the great debate. Seriously though, I don't have any social media, I don't watch the news, and I do t listen to the radio, and yet I think I know everything that is going on because that's all people can focus on lately, and it sure makes it hard to teach the gospel.

On Friday to Saturday I went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders, I love riding in a car, seriously, it's so nice, and not to mention missionaries have super nice cars, especially in this mission. The zone leaders drive a 2017 chevy Malibu, with all the bells and whistle, it literally has about 500 miles on it. Not a lot of missionaries have cars here, so it would make sense that the ones we have are nice, because they get shuffled to other missions pretty often. The AC is something to not take for granted, especially since we've been floating around 90 degrees this past week, luckily things are about to cool down, just a little bit at least. I learned so much during exchanges, and I have felt super pumped to go contacting, and bring out area back to life. I felt so silly realizing the simple things that I needed to apply in my area, everyday I feel like I'm learning a lot about what it means how to be a missionaries. A simple lesson that you can apply in all walks of life, and any situation: fake it until you make it. No one really ever knows what they're doing, even until the day I leave, I will be learning.

Thanks for all the support, and especially all the emails that I get from you guys, rennet that I can read emails any day of the week after Ten, so don't hesitate to send a letter my way, electronic or paper, also if you ever feel like sending me stuff apply the following: just do it. 614 West Foothill blvd Arcadia, California 91006-2030. Keep looking heaven ward, and be obedient, and blessings and miracles always come, I know that to be true. 

Elder LeBaron

No comments:

Post a Comment