Wednesday, November 23, 2016

ELDER MATT LEBARON - 11/7 - Service day turned into service week



Hello from sunny Southern California,

This week has been so long, but at the same time so short. We literally did service all week, first we were watering trees, then we were laying cement, the next thing you know we were panting an old ladies tiki bar in her back yard, that took us about 20 something hours to paint alone, just ridiculous, and of course after we finish that, members call us to move furniture, it was just wild how much service we did. I thought being a missionary was hard, but when you throw a couple hours of labor In there each day, it will mess you up.

Our area is pretty much as dead as an area can get, so it's always encouraging to know that it can only go up from here, me and E. Katanuma are coming up with different ideas to get our area back up, but I think it makes things more interesting, it makes you do things outside of you're regular style of missionary work, which is good. I'm actually pretty excited to start and try some of the ideas that we have come up with.

I'm not sure if I'm going to be transferred after my fourth transfer in this area, but I'm honestly looking forward to it, this area has been dead since I got here, so that means that I'll probabaly stay here another transfer, just because I want to go to a different area, pretty soon I'll be in This area for 6 months which seems kind of crazy, but whatever happens I'm glad I'm getting all these awesome experiences that I'm having, some more unpleasant than I would have hoped, but I feel like I have grown so much in the short time I've been out here.

I wish there was more to talk about, but this week was pretty much just service all week, which is pretty funny, because we never get service in this area, so we prayed for service opportunities, and let's just say, I learned my lesson, don't pray for something unless you really want it, so learn from my mistake, don't pray for humility, don't pray for patience, and especially don't pray for service, because you'll get more than you hoped for. Everything's good in this Cali sunshine, still looking forward for cooler weather, still hitting 90s some days, but it's getting better and better each day.

Deuces,

Elder LeBaron

No comments:

Post a Comment