Wednesday, November 23, 2016

ELDER MATT LEBARON - 11/21 - Rain, zone blitz, bloody noses



Good Afternoon!

Hello hello,

This week went by pretty fast, it rained for 2 days, and man... rain is the worst, especially when its night time. There normally isn't anyone walking around at night, but especially when its raining, it starting to rain pretty hard, so me and E. Katanuma got our umbrellas, and walked to our appointment. We aren't supposed to ride our bikes in the rain, because its so dangerous. We realized how much faster bikes are than biking, and there was literally no one to talk to as we walked a few miles through neighborhoods and different side streets, my legs got soaked, and i found out that my shoes actually are water proof as the label said, so that was pretty cool.

We had a zone blitz this last Saturday, the whole zone came into our area and visited less active, and traced, that was super cool, it would have probably taken a whole transfer to do all the work that we did collectively. We got some pretty cool refs from it, so that will at least keep up busy for a few days, although there was a less active part member family that may be interested in coming back, so that would be sweet to baptize the whole family. 

One morning during companionship study, elder Katanuma randomly told me that he had a talent, he proceeded to grab a mamba candy from his desk, and he started to push it up one of his nostrils. Soon enough, the whole thing disappeared, he then grabbed another mamba, and pushed it up the other nostril, this one did not go up as far, but still impressive. "So is this your talent" I asked he didn't answer but again grabbed another mamba, and tried to cram it up the first nostril, I'm not sure what he was trying to show me, sometimes its a little hard to tell with the language barrier, but all i do know is that he seemed pretty frantic as he realized that the mambas were stuck, finally, after a few minutes he got them out, but his nose began to bleed profusely. We soon returned to our studies, but E. Katanuma had tissues in his nose the rest of the morning throughout companionship and language study, what a wild guy. 



I wish I had more exciting things to tell you guys, but as far as missionary work goes, this week was pretty regular. Every morning I have been reading a few chapters of the Book Of Mormon, and I have gained such a strong testimony of the divinity of this book. I really like this quote, President Hinkley said "Those who have read [the Book of Mormon] prayerfully, be they rich or poor, learned or unlearned, have grown under its power. … Without reservation I promise you that if you will prayerfully read the Book of Mormon, regardless of how many times you previously have read it, there will come into your hearts … the Spirit of the Lord. There will come a strengthened resolution to walk in obedience to his commandments, and there will come a stronger testimony of the living reality of the Son of God” I want to add my testimony to our last beloved prophet, I know without a doubt that the Book of mormon is true, it doesn't matter how many people try and bash with us about it, and other aspects of the book, they cannot deny the spirit that comes from testifying of this book, because it truly is Gods word. I would also invite all of you to read the book of mormon if its your first time, or your 100th, you will be reminded of the simple truths of the plan of salvation, and the Gospel of Jesus christ, and you will feel more purpose in your life than you have previously, I promise you these things as a servant of Jesus Christ, something that I only have the privilege of saying for 2 years, I love having the opportunity to share truth with other people, and I love being a missionary. Thanks again everyone.

Until next week,

Love Elder LeBaron
614 west foothill Bld, Arcadia, California, 91006


No comments:

Post a Comment