Monday, February 20, 2017

Sister Sarah Johnson - 1/30 - You know what I can't believe?...



That January is over. And that in officially one year, my mission will be over. What?

It doesn't help that this week felt like 2 days long. So much happened! 

First off, we had the Missionary Broadcast on Wednesday, followed immediately after by 6 hours of Zone Conference with President Dymock. It was a looooong day of incredible training. But the missionary broadcast changed everything! They changed the missionary schedule, so now instead of doing an hour of personal and then companion study, we do just an hour of personal, and then a half hour of companion study anytime during the day. And daily planning is in the morning now instead of at the end of the night (thank heavens because feeling spiritual at 9 was really hard sometimes). And on Pdays, we only study 30 minutes, plan, and then go. Which gives us an extra 2 hours to clean and play and shop, and I am incredibly pumped about that. And then at training we talked so much about Repentance and how to make it a joyful experience. Lots of people associate repentance with like, punishment. Which isn't accurate! In Hebrew, the word "Shube" is what they used for the idea of repentance, and it means to turn, or return. And in Greek the word was Metaneoeo, which means a change in the air, or thought. It was the Latin word Peon, that meant punishment, and gave repentance a bad connotation. But as I've studied repentance, I've come to love it more and more. It's amazing how the Atonement really does give us that chance to turn back to God, and change our thoughts so that we don't even desire to sin anymore. 
Also... I gave a training with the STL from Lewiston and we did alright! It was scary to teach in front of President, but I survived and now we're good! :)
Oh! And Jake is no longer getting baptized on the 4th, and that is totally ok! He wants to build a testimony, and not just get baptized for the sake of being baptized, and that is super mature! We are going to help him to really believe the truth. He has that desire to believe, like in Alma 32. He just has to give it time and energy, and that little seed of faith will grow :) I just know it! 
We got to go to church in the Potlatch branch yesterday! That was way cute! Like 20 members are active, and they are so excited to have sister missionaries, and we are so excited that they love us so much. And! We met a girl who lives near Potlatch, Mallory, who totally wants us to come back and talk to her, and we already love her so much. She is the coolest! And she has purple hair. #goals
Life is so good! I'm so excited to be a missionary. Heavenly Father is really taking me by the hand and teaching me so much about myself, and life, and the Gospel, and the plan that he has for each and every one of us, and it's changing everything I ever knew. And I'm learning to love the Book of Mormon so much! I'm reading it again before Easter, and I have built such a testimony from it. Heavenly Father totally has a plan for me specifically, and it's nothing like I thought it would be, and that is ok! Because it's turning out better than I'd hoped. The future is so bright, you guys. You just gotta keep walking in the right direction :). 
Anyways, I love you all and hope that you are all healthy and well.... and probably warmer than I am. 
Here are a few pics! This one car had a Wall Drug bumper sticker. I've been there! (Excuse me not being able to keep my eyes open in the sun that finally decided to show itself)





And also, Elder Collins asked us what Sisters do in their spare time.... so we made him a comprehensive list of things. Enjoy. 





Adios!
Sister Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment