Monday, February 20, 2017

Sister Sarah Johnson - 2/13 - Happy 7 month anniversary to me! :D



It's been a weird week but it was alright! 
Tuesday we did "Get to it Tuesday", where we invite all the youth in the stake to invite all their friends to come play marshmallow dodgeball with all the missionaries at the Stake Center. It was pretty awesome, and Jake and Isabeau both came!! That was fantastic :). 
Oh! And we stole the Pullman elder's car. Instead of the two wheel drive Chevy Cruze that we never took out to our Boony areas because it would get stuck... we now have a four wheel drive Subaru Legacy, and I am so happy! I love driving that car. The elders are still mad about it though. We've received a handful of borderline hate texts from them. Haha they'll live. And now we can go out to Potlatch more! Yay!
On Thursday, we were supposed to eat dinner with the Branch President and his lovely wife. But! They had a flood in their basement (due to the Spring meltoff we're now experiencing), so we didnt' go. Then we get a text from President Gardner, where he pointed out that every time we're supposed to come over, they have a disaster (the first time, their house was out of electricity for 12 hours...). And since we were obviously the common denominator, he asked us to give talks on Love (Matt 22:36-39) this Sunday. We laughed and agreed. And the talks went really well! I actually gave a talk on "showing love to Heavenly Father", Feb 12, 2012, and happened to have it with me, which was awesome! So I pulled a lot from that and another talk I'd brought with me, and Sister Mitchell and I rocked it. We love the little branch. They're so pumped about missionaries and missionary work and we just want to live out there permanently sometimes. We're definitely going to build up the work there now that our car can handle all the back, dirt roads and hills. :) 
Otherwise.... this week was relatively uneventful. But being a missionary is fantastic! I'm so excited for the new week! Also, we might get to go hiking today now that the sun has been out for a few days :)). I'm ready to get out of the winter and into spring! 
I love you all! 
Here are some llama selfies, 





and also a picture of "Joseph Smith" that we're pretty sure is modeled after Harrison Ford. 



Enjoy! :)
Sister Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment