Monday, February 20, 2017

Sister Sarah Johnson - 2/20 - It's been such a fantastic week, you guys!


This week, I decided to stop counting down the days until pday, and to just learn how to love every day of the week.  It's something Sis Mitchell and I had been talking about, and i decided to try it.  And it made the biggest difference!  I don't feel liek we did anything different from the week before, but everything went more smoothly, and more successfully, and I didn't feel so tired and unmotivated.  it was way cool!  That little tiny chnge in attitude made the biggest difference in teh work, and I'm so happy about it. :)
We've finally met a whole bunch of former investigators, and many of them said we could come back.  We're excited to see how that goes!

We also finally got to have a legit lesson with Molly. It's the first time with Sis. Mitchell (it's been a while). We taught her what the Gospel of Jesus Christ is, and it went so well! She was so honest with us, and we just love her so much. And she found the time to come to sacrament meeting with us! She is really seeking answers, and we love teaching her :). 



Monday we finally got to go hiking with the zone! I only have one picture and it's not super flattering... but I"ll probably include it anyways. Hiking beats basketball any day. 
Tuesday was Valentines! Branch President Gardner had us over to his home for dinner, and they got us boxes of chocolate :)). We laughed so hard all night, their family is the cutest. Also President Gardner is pumped to do missionary work, and he wants us to really help the members to know how to do it too. We're excited to work with the Potlatch members :)). Oh! And shoutout to my family and friends for the Valentines packages :) you all rock! 
We also had a fabulous lesson with a man named Jim! He lives in Potlatch. We taught him the Restoration of the Gospel, and it was so spiritual. And he prayed with us for our first time! (he used to pray with the elders but got all shy about praying with us). I have never felt the Spirit so strongly in a prayer. It's amazing how the people we teach say more sincere, amazing prayers than I ever have, and I've been praying for 20 years. Maybe that's the problem. I think if we all prayed like it was the first time, we'd find that praying was a lot more like a conversation, and a lot less like a laundry list. 
The rest of the week, well... we worked at the food bank, and on the alpaca farm, and we have survived the rain! Lots and lots of rain... it's not the same here as back home where it's also warm. But I'll take it over the snow! haha
I hope you are all doing well :) I love you all!
Love, 
Sister Johnson 

Ok and here are lots of pictures! 
One of the hike. You're welcome. 




And here's a story I forgot! The food bank ladies let us take weird stuff home sometimes, and this time they gave us marinated goat cheese. So we naturally called up the elders nearest to us, and said "Hey, what are the odds that you eat some goat cheese", and elder Case was all "1 out of 15". So on the count of 3, I said 9, and like 2 seconds after, the silly elder says 9, and so now he has to eat the goat cheese. He was a little upset that we didn't tell him it was marinated, but it didn't matter, we made him try it anyways. They kept it to pass along the What Are the Odds to the other elders. It was a good laugh. 







Also we had to hike up a frozen driveway to see a member in Potlatch.... Sis Mitchell was not happy with me for not being brave enough to drive the Subie up the hill haha. 





And! we had a baby moose chilling outside the Potlatch church building yesterday. Baby moose are dangerous because mommy moose are dangerous.... so that's the best pic I could get. 





Also this kid in the Potlatch Branch, Levi, draws superheroes. I stopped him on this one and was like "OH  MY GOSH IT'S WHAT EVERYONE LOOKS LIKE IN AZ".... 




we had a pretty good laugh about it. Haha!

More pics...

Another fantastic car selfie!


Also a pretty sunset

And me after working on the alpaca farm in the rain. Not so fun when the llama poop isn't frozen.... 

I'll be honest with you!  And we saw the end of the rainbow and there was no gold! #mylifeisalie
There's a house nearish to our apartment that legit looks like a castle. 

And a selfie of us by the welcome to Potlatch sign! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment