Monday, February 20, 2017

Sister Sarah Johnson - 2/6 - I can hardly believe it's February already!



Time really does fly when you get past 6 months out here! 

This week was a weird mix of really awesome things and really sad things. I'll start with the sad things.
Jake dropped us, and doesn't want to meet anymore. We haven't given up on him, but we are pretty sad that he doesn't see any hope for himself. I know the Gospel works and would help him! But Heavenly Father has a plan, he'll come back around someday. 
I also learned what "freezing rain" is. We weren't allowed to drive the other day, because 2 inches of ice covered literally everything. Just solid ice. Our mail man (who's a member in the ward) actually knocked on our door to tell us not to even leave the apartment because even with spikes on his shoes, he was struggling. We went out after noon anyways, because work must be done. But we were especially careful! 
Some good things happened this week too! I got to go to MLC on Tuesday, and it was awesome! We were late, so we missed a lot of President's training (there was so much snow, and so many slow snow plows on the road :( ), but we did get to make cookies as a council, and we learned so much about how Repentance and Conversion are related. And then on Friday, we trained the zone on what happened at MLC, and everything went pretty well! It's a good experience for me, learning how to teach in front of a small group of people. it's very different from teaching lessons in people's homes on stuff you study all day. It all worked out, though! There was a CS Lewis quote that I really liked, about what kind of person you are when you're caught off guard. It was titled Rats in the Cellar for us, but I can't look it up as a missionary. You should go find it though, if you have time! It's a really good point :). 
Also we gave Mallory a Book of Mormon and are going to go follow up with her this week! She lives way out in Potlatch, and we are so excited to get the work rolling out there too! Her daughter is way cute, and always gets so happy when we stop by. Fingers crossed all things go well this week with her :). 
And! Sister Mitchell is totally the coolest. We have a funny habit of thinking the same thing at the same time, in all situations. It's like having an eternal inside joke with someone. It's pretty sweet! She also pushes me to be better, but in a really nice, honest way, and we get along so easily. I'm just excited about it! God gives us the right people at the right times for the right things, it just all works out. :)
Anyways... that's pretty much all I got about the week. I did find a really good scripture that made me happy! It's Mosiah 2:41, "consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God". I have a word obsession with the word "happy". I just want to show that I really am so happy for the plan of happiness! God makes sure things will be alright, just choose to be happy no matter how grim and bleak life seems. There's always hope and happiness ahead :). 
I love you all! 


Oh! Also it was sister Mitchell's birthday on Friday! She hates getting attention on her birthday, so I was sworn to secrecy about it (she literally death threatened me). But! I made her pancakes for her birthday :)



 and the elders found out it was her birthday because they looked at the mission calendar, so they randomly all showed up and sang to her. Ha! 


 Can't hide from your birthday here, Sister Mitchell!! 
Also our rad car selfie from today.



I got a new shirt from a member and it's fantastic. 


I feel awesome today! 

Ok bye! :D
Sister Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment