Monday, January 30, 2017

ELDER MATTHEW LEBARON - 1/23 - Rain, Rain, Rain and transfers



Hello from Cali,

As you can tell by my subject, it rained so much this week, holy cow. Everyone here in California have been freaking out. They say this is the most it has rained in over 5 years, which makes sense, considering the drought has been about 5 years. Every single day it has rained, and on Sunday it literally rained all day, and not just a light little pitter patter, no it rained hard. The streets flooded, and a lot of the drains got clogged, so we had rivers, which was pretty terrifying seeing some of the cars fly by, knowing that any moment, some merciless anti mormon could soak us to the bone, not that we weren't
Already pretty soaked, but man I wanted to keep what little left I had dry, dry. 

The rain makes things really really inconvenient, biking is so dangerous because your breaks don't catch as well after you ride for awhile, so we always have biked and bussed, but after a couple weeks of doing this, me and Elder Crane got sick of it. We decided that we were going to take our bikes for one of our appointments so that we could at least beat the horrible bus system and make it on time for once, and for the first time that week, it stopped raining, and so we were in the clear, or so that we thought. We made it through the appointment, got outside, and still nothing, but while we were on our 30 minute bike ride back, it started to pour. I can't remember the last time that I got that wet in the rain, but man... if you have ever wondered if you will get more running in the rain than walking, you will definitely get more soaked running, at least thats the conclusion I came up with while trying to peddle faster to get home. 

Transfers were today, we are in a trio, also, the Elder that was going to come to our area got ETed, (emergency transferred) and so there was a quick Shuffle around the mission, but other than that, me and Crane are still together, Until he dies, and then it will just be me and Elder Mitchell, I'm pretty happy with the companionship thus far. Actually I have been sleeping so well in this area, I think that its because I have been experiencing a lot less stress, I'm grateful for Elder crane, he is awesome!

Juliet is ready for Baptism, she is super solid, even though she has been going through some pretty serious challenges getting ready for her Baptism, she's ready. Unfortunately we had to drop the date we had for James, one thing that I am so grateful for is the word of wisdom, I never truly had a concept of what addiction can do to you before I came on the mission. I know without a doubt that the prophets truly are inspired by God, and that they are lead by Jesus Christ himself today. Also, I have been so grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve a mission, especially lately. If there is anyone that is reading that that has every considered going on a mission, and is still able to, do it. Going on a mission has completely changed the perceptive I have on life, It has challenged me, shaped me, and polished me, even in the short amount of time that I have been out.  I could not imagine trying to raise a family in the future without this new perspective that I have attained on a mission. There is no sacrifice when it comes to God, I know that to be true. If you give him a little, he will bless you beyond measure. I love this Church, and I love God, and I love all of you. Thank you so much for all the support and love that I have received thus far on my mission, I couldn't have made it this far without it, today my heart is full of gratitude. I hope that everyone has a great week, you deserve it!

Elder LeBaron

(These pictures were taken at an older members house while we waited for dinner)




No comments:

Post a Comment