Monday, January 23, 2017

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 1/16 - I'm back again! :)



So transfer calls were this weekend, and I am staying in Moscow! But they are adding the Potlatch Branch to our area, so we'll be covering 2 wards. Also.... they're taking Sister Atwan away from me. I'm very sad. But she'll finish up her training with like, the best sister in the mission, and she'll be going to Spokane! She's going to be just fine :). My new companion's name is Sister Mitchell, and I'll meet her tomorrow. I'm way excited for this next adventure, even though I'm really sad I won't be seeing Sister Atwan every day anymore. 
This week was pretty good though! We had a lesson with Jake about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and it was so great! That kid is way more mature than I was at 17... I'm so grateful Heavenly Father trusted us enough to teach him. Man, good things are coming his way, I'm so excited! He's thinking about baptism right now, and we're just waiting to hear about it :). 
Funny story! I high centered the car on an ice bank. It was thoroughly embarrassing because we were supposed to be going to a lesson (with Jake and the Walker family), and we were only 3 houses up from where we needed to be.... so after I hopelessly and fruitlessly tried to dig myself out for 10 minutes, cutting my thumb in the process, I humbled myself enough to go ask the Walkers for help. It was a good bonding experience, Sister Atwan says, because Jake came out and helped us too. I just felt like a distressed damsel and I didn't like it. We got out though! That was good! I won't be cutting it close on a U-turn ever again, haha. 
Isabeau is also progressing again! She's actually reading and praying on her own now :) and asking questions instead of just sassing us. She's also asked God for a sign that he's there, which is always interesting! AND! We planned a lesson on Faith based on the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego... and we were like "Hey Isabeau, guess what we planned??" and she said "It's not about Nebuchadnezzar, is it?" and we just jaw dropped and were like "IT TOTALLY IS AH!" And then! a few days later we called her to read with her, and were like "hey guess what we're going to read?" and she asked what, and we said "David and Goliath!" and she said "No way.... I was just thinking about that story today and how I needed to study it!" and we were freaking out! And THEN, we had a lesson with her about Alma 7, and talked about how to have faith we need to show that we are applying Christ's teachings, so we need to read and pray. And I started talking about how those simple things are like Moses holding up the staff with the snake and healing the people who would actually look. And she stopped me and with these wide eyes, and showed me some notes on her phone she'd taken a few days before. And right there was a question about Moses and the Staff. She told us that she had asked God, that if he was there, we would just talk about that story. IT WASN'T EVEN PART OF THE PLAN IT JUST HAPPENED. It's amazing how the Spirit works, and you don't even know it sometimes. Man alive. 
Well, I can't really think of anything else that happened this week. It's going to stop snowing though! And.... it's going to start raining. It's going to be a mess trying to drive around Moscow. Good thing we pray before we leave the apartment. 
I love you all! :) I hope everything is well! Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day! :)
Sister Johnson

Here are some pics. I'm too lazy to explain anything. But there you go! :)














No comments:

Post a Comment