Monday, January 30, 2017

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 1/23 - Hello again, everyone!



THIS WEEK HAS BEEN AWESOME FOR TWO REASONS!
The first is that Sister Mitchell is a power house, and we are going to rock at taking over both Quail Run ward, and the Potlatch Branch. She and I spend most of the time laughing, and we get along super easily, which is awesome! I feel like I've known her for 10 years, and it's been barely a week. Missions are weird like that. 
The second reason, is THAT JAKE WANTS TO GET BAPTIZED ON FEBRUARY 4TH!! We had the coolest lesson with him, and he brought up that we'd invited him to be baptized on that date before, and he'd reconsidered and wants to be baptized! We are out of our minds excited for him!! AH! The Lord is so good at his work and I'm so honored I get to be a missionary, and I get to watch people learn how to work with the Spirit. Man, life is so good!
Also we had a lot of fun trying to figure out the Potlatch branch. If we wanted to go to the furthest north part of our area, it would take us about an hour. Everybody out there is super nice, though! There are lots of tiny towns we get to try to see people in. Not a lot of work is out there right now, but we're really excited to build it up, and the members are really excited to have sisters in their area now. It's like a mini road trip to the boonies every other day to get out there. We pack snacks and extra blankets like we're going to be stranded for 5 days, but you never know, right?
Well.... not a lot happened other than that. Mostly we've been organizing and meeting members and trying our hardest to get our feet back on the ground. But here are some pictures too! 
The little group shot is of Sis Atwan and me, and Elders Nelson and Weech just before Sis Atwan and Eld Weech were sent away to faraway lands. 





Also Sister Mitchell!! And a very, very icy sidewalk we had to brave this week.




And a picture of Sis Mitchell's nephew that I think is absolutely hysterical. She let me cut him out and keep it and put it on my wall by my study desk. And I crack up literally every time I look at it. Enjoy. 




Love you all!! :) Look up the scripture 2 Nephi 5:27




 when you have time, it's my new life motto. 
 
Sister Johnson


No comments:

Post a Comment