Friday, January 13, 2017

ELDER MATTHEW LEBARON - 1/2/2017 - 2017!!



Well, its the new year people, what are you going to do about it?

Thats what I've been trying to figure out, and it's really been making me think about what I want to accomplish this year. What a great privilege, this will be the only time in my life where I will have a whole year to improve on my mission. I have been thinking about goals that I want to set for myself, how to be a better missionary, and how to change myself to the man that God wants me to be. 

We have been doing quite a bit of celebrating ourselves, these last couple of days. There have been a couple of Members that have had us over, and man, La Puente is crazy. along with most of the people inside of it. One of the members gave us a 12 oz steak each to celebrate the new year, along with a mountain of food, That took awhile to recover from. 

Well, today I did something that I never thought I would ever do. I cut my own hair. Things were going great, my companion explained the basics of hair cutting, and the concept seemed pretty simple, but soon after I started I realized that my comp hadn't had much experience himself, but by that point I had already begun, so I had no option but to continue on with my risky endeavour. I cut the sides, tried my best to blend left over lines, and began to trim the top. I was shocked, this hair cutting business wasn't too hard after all. I did some more blending, took a step back, and looked at it. "not bad" I thought to myself. I had seen some missionaries get lines in there hair, to give a sharp looking part in their hair, and so the thought came to me, "I mean, how hard could it be?" so I parted my hair, took off the guard and made my first line. At this point I realized that I had already made a mistake, I instantly knew that what I was doing was a horrible Idea. My companion noticed my reaction as the hair fell to the ground. "don't worry about it, it will look better when you get the whole line" I looked at the crooked bald spot on my head, and knew I had to continue... and so I made a mistake. After 10 minutes of trying to push the hair I had left over to cover the long bald spot on my head, a 10 dollar haircut didn't sound so expensive after all. I guess you live and learn, but at the moment I don't think I will ever live this one down. "give it a week or two" My companion said encouragingly. Well I guess all I can do at this point is "give it a week or two" I would send pictures, but I'm not ready to laugh about this one, just yet. At least most of the day we have bike helmets on, so that's a plus.

Other than my hair cutting experiments, I don't have too much to write about, but it was an awesome holiday season! I've really enjoyed my time as a missionary during Christmas, and New years. The Lord truly does bless his servants, of that I am convinced. Until next week,

Elder LeBaron

No comments:

Post a Comment