Friday, January 13, 2017

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 1/2/2017 - It's Been a Really Weird Week...



... but that's ok! 

The week actually went by really slowly. But we did have New Missionary Training on Wednesday, and between 6 hour training and at least 4 hours of travel time, the day was basically shot as far as missionary work goes. We got to learn so much though! And we got to eat at Dairy Queen before driving home, which was pretty fun. 
Saturday we didn't do a whole lot, with it being New Year's Eve and all. But we did get to go service tracting with most of the zone, and that was pretty fun! We also all got fast food and ate it at the church together, and then spent the whole evening playing basketball and signs and stuff. It was a really good time! We couldn't go out proselyting anyways, so might as well party. Sister Atwan and I also did a little of our weekly planning and celebrated the New Year with apple cider :). We took funny pictures about it. It was a good day! 
Sunday, sister Atwan got pretty sick. So we were told to stay in all day. We did a lot of studying and organizing, and sister Atwan got to sleep! But the coolest part about Sunday, was that in the early morning we got a text from an investigator the sisters had dropped back in May. It said "Hello, this is Molly. What time is church?" and we were SO EXCITED and told her it was at 9! And SHE TOTALLY CAME TO CHURCH AND WE ARE TOTALLY PICKING HER BACK UP AS AN INVESTIGATOR. We were so happy, it didn't even matter that we had to stay inside the rest of the day after sacrament meeting. She wants us to teach her in members homes too, she says. And we are 100% all for that! God really does take care of us here. It's amazing to see how the work rolls forward even when we don't deserve it. :)
Well, here goes the start of my entire year dedicated to missionary work! I have made a lot of resolutions, which mostly revolve around being more focused and more urgent about sharing the gospel. I think I take things too lightly sometimes. But I'm working on developing diligence and focus and grace, and I think that will be a really good start to becoming the missionary God wants me to be. I read about Ammon among the Lamanites today, and it was very inspirational for me. There's so much work to do, and I better start running if I'm going to keep up!
I'm so grateful for Sister Atwan. She's the best cheer leader ever, and I'm honored to get to be her trainer. She's definitely training me more than I'm training her, I think. I wouldn't want anyone else by my side. :)
On to the New Year! 
I love you all!
Sister Johnson

here are some pics. One of the llama/alpaca farm. 


One of the costume I put on just before sister Atwan knocked on the bedroom door when we were practicing door approaches (she reacted very realistically). 


One of the zone on New Year's Eve. 




 :D Good times!

No comments:

Post a Comment