Friday, January 13, 2017

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 1/9/2017 - Hello my cute people! :)




It's been a really interesting week. Sister Atwan got pretty sick after church last week, and was put on an all liquid diet by the mission nurse. BUT the problem is that left her pretty weak, and we didn't leave the apartment much. 
We did get to go to the Missionary Leadership Council though, because I'm an STL now :). It was awesome! I can hardly believe I get to associate with so many amazing missionaries. We had a pretty funny/scary experience driving to Spokane though! I got to drive a little Toyota Corolla with two sisters from Lewiston, and we followed the elders up highway 27. But the elders have a Subaru with 4 wheel drive, and they are far more bold on the road than I could afford to be in the little Toyota. And apparently, highway 27 was closed because of dangerous snow conditions. But we were just following the elders and we didn't really know so we just went for it. And then about halfway to Spokane, we got pulled over by a very angry cop who was pretty mad that the elders had taken this highway despite the road closed sign (way, way, waaaaay back in town) and threatened to have us all arrested. It was pretty scary... but the cop got most of his yelling out at the elders, and when he walked back to talk to us he was a little nicer (I think because he realized we were just following and trying not to get lost). He let us continue on but on the condition that we self report our law breaking. So Elder Weech and I told President that we had driven down the closed highway, and he was really chill about it. At least we were on time for the training! But we definitely won't take that road in the winter anymore. 
Then on Friday, the zone leaders and I were able to deliver all the training and discussion from MLC to the rest of the zone! I was super nervous because I've never trained the zone before, but it turned out so amazing! The training was on repentance and how "In this mission, we chose to repent." For the month of January, the whole zone is going to be studying repentance and how to both apply and teach it better. Because as missionaries, that is the whole point of our work; to show people how to repent and turn back to God. We also got to watch part of Elder Holland's talk, The First Great Commandment. It is always an inspiring listen or read. Go look it up sometime :). 
Also this week, we have had rain, and snow, and wind, and sun, and it always seems to make driving an adventure. We pray, and we pray hard every time we have to drive. This Arizona girl is not happy with the weather. But at least I have warm clothes! 
I hope everyone is doing so great! I found a scripture this morning, 1 Samuel 17:37 i think, about how David is not afraid of Goliath. It gave me some hope for this week :). Satan (like Goliath) has far more war experience than I do. But! God has more experience than he does, and God is always with us to deliver us. He's done it before, and he can do it again! There is always hope. 
I love you all! 
Sister Johnson

Here are some pics! Me scraping ice off the car=not fun. 



Me photo bombing my cute comp.




Me washing the car even though it's 2 degrees outside. (not literally, I'm just whiny)




And a picture of a picture of our zone a couple of pdays back! It was 80s/90s themed. 





Pretty great! 





No comments:

Post a Comment