Sunday, April 2, 2017

ELDER MATTHEW LEBARON - 3/20 - Blessings



Okay, I'm the worst. 

Sorry this is going to be a short email, but I wanted to share with you guys a really cool experience I had this week! We stopped by a woman in our ward, she asked if we could give her a blessing of healing. After she started telling us some crazy stuff. She eventually told us that she cheated on her husband. Being a missionary is crazy, I'm only 19 I don't know how to deal with this kind of stuff. But I was amazed at how I knew exactly what to do, thinking of the situation now, I should have been terrified. I have never felt the spirit so strong in my life, it felt as if words just came out of my mouth without even trying, but not just any words, the right words. I promised her things and as soon as the words left my mouth I felt the Holy Ghost testify that what I was saying was true. I have never really felt like I have ever gotten a super strong overwhelming answer for myself before. But it is incredible to see how when God needs you to help his children you can get strong overwhelming answers for them. It was the first time where I knew without a doubt that I was speaking by the spirit. Everyone was crying, it was such an amazing experience. I love being a missionary. I love it. I love being able to help people when they feel like there is no one out there. I'm grateful to be able to be that person that God sends when people need someone. 

Other than that, we don't have any investigators, we got 0 numbers this weeks, but we are still working hard. Keep on keeping on!

Elder LeBaron 


1 comment:

  1. Hi, Matt! What an incredible experience you had..it is wonderful that you opened your mind to the Holy Spirit and instead of judging this woman, who was distressed, you were able to help her and guide her. I am so very proud of you! Take care of your self! Love, Diane

    ReplyDelete