Sunday, April 2, 2017

ELDER MATTHEW LEBARON - 3/27 - Woodside ward dead



I have some time to write this week, but there wasn't a lot that
happened this week.

Elder Mitchell got sick for 2 days. It was horrible. He couldn't eat
anything without throwing up. Staying in the pad was awful. I don't
know how some elders stay in the pad for a week plus with their sick
comp, ugh that would be my worst nightmare. I pretty watched every
video and church movie I had on my iPad twice. And slept until I
couldn't sleep anymore. What a week. We have been trying to pick up
investigators, and maaaan, what a joke haha. All the people we talked
to didn't want to set up a return appointment. (Which is essential for
them to become a new investigator) but you know, I'm pretty positive.
I love this area, I know things will pick back up again. Glendora has
nothing on the woodside ward. Our ward is on fire, the bishop is on
fire. And if anything I've found a lot of success out this area, and a
lot of satisfaction.

We babysat this old guy in our ward for 3 hours this week. He is bed
ridden, and so he always has to be watched, but the family can't
afford a nurse to be there all the time to be there. It was so weird.
We sat there for 3 hours and did nothing. There has never been a time
in my mission where my job was to just sit there, and perhaps do CPR
if necessary. The ward couldn't get anyone to cover the 3 hour shift
so we went. So weird, what a weird day.

Other than that nothing too exciting or humorous happened this week.
I'll make up for it next week, hopefully. Anyways I hope everyone has
a great week!

Elder LeBaron

No comments:

Post a Comment