Sunday, April 2, 2017

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 3/20 - Hey Guys :)



This week we had Sis Cheney still, and it was fantastic! We love having her around with us, and it's been fun trying to cover her area and both of ours. But.... then Sis Cheney got bronchitis.... and all our work halted for a good part of the week. We still managed to have adventures though! And in the meantime, we've decided we are going to start a hipster band, and I'm going to learn how to play the Banjo. And Sis Mitchell is going to learn the harmonica. We're going to be fabulous. 

Tuesday was interviews with President and Sis Dymock :). I love those people. President did a "walk and talk" interview, where we just walked a few laps around the gym and talked. I actually liked that a lot better, because it was way less pressure. President asked me what I was working on and if I was happy in the work, and I told him I'm learning how to love working hard, and how to be diligent. And most days I'm so happy, but not always in the work. Haha it was a good discussion. President is the best. And Sis Dymock went through our planners with us, and just talked about whatever with us. We ended up talking about how to eat healthy.... which has been a long time struggle. It was all good! :)
Then we had zone conference the rest of Tuesday, so President gave us a lot of training about how to use Preach my Gospel better, and how to work with Ward Councils better. It was really good to hear some more direction on :). And Sis Dymock gave us some easy recipes that we can use for our 30 min lunches, and I'm pumped to try them! 
Then after zone conference was stake reports, where my comps and I, and the zone leaders met with President Dymock and the stake presidency to talk about the needs of the stake and stuff. It's always so fascinating to be a part of that meeting, and to be able to help wherever we're needed. 
And then... we had Get to It Tuesday! It's the last one that we were allowed to play in... because President said it's not appropriate for us to actually do the playing. So that was really sad. But we had fun playing marshmallow dodgeball for the last time with all the youth. :) 
Pretty much we stayed inside the rest of the week, because we took Sis Cheney to urgent care, and they said if she didn't rest she wouldn't get better. We had to almost strap that girl down to keep her inside though. We all got a little bit of cabin fever. We did get to watercolor! Haha we had a lot of fun with that, way to go Sis Cheney for bringing paint :). 
We also got to see John a couple of times this week. He's so excited to be baptized, and it's contagious how happy he is. I love being able to teach him. And our ward mission leader, Tyler, rocks and picks him up for everything. It's just a fantastic set up! 
Yesterday we finally made it out to Potlatch again! And they had branch conference, and I learned a couple of things. One was that church shouldn't be or feel like a social club, but a hospital. And the other thing was that spiritual truth can't just be poured into someone, especially if they're not looking for it. Spiritual truth comes over time, through our struggles and through our diligent search for it. It was good for me to remember, because I realized that I often like to just explain and share everything I know with some of our investigators, and it's not effective because they're not also searching for the truth on their own. I can't force anyone to understand, no matter how much I want to share. It taught me to slow down and remember to teach others to search for answers, so they can find their own answers in the future, instead of just telling them the answers every time they ask a question. That's my new focus! :) 
We got so much food on Sunday too! We had the Potlatch "linger longer" after the meetings, and they sent us home with like 5 boxes of food, and 1/4th of a cherry pie. And then President Gardner and his family had us over for dinner again :) they're absolutely the neatest people out here. Sis Cheney was so happy she got to meet them. They fed us Hawaiian haystacks, and they were fabulous. 
Oh! And sometime this week we took a roadtrip to try to find a less active member way out in St. John, Washington with the Pullman YSA ward mission leader and Victoria, our YSA friend. He gave us the wrong address, so we drove like, 3 hours for nothing, but it's ok! We found a funny road! I'll attach a pic :). 
It's been a good time! I hope you all have had a fantastic week too :). Onward and upward! 
Love you all!
Sister Johnson :)

Here are pictures!
I forgot to tell you, I found Celeste Renard and Mrs. Renard and her family at Walmart last Monday!
It was super great! 






Also Trunkey Rd. What what?




And Sis Mitchell water painted a galactic Harry Potter and now he's our apartment mascot. 





No comments:

Post a Comment