Monday, October 31, 2016

ELDER MATTHEW LEBARON - From 10/24 - Birthday, too much food, and tattoos



What up party people,

Just another day in the life. First off, thank you so much to everyone who wrote to me and wished me a happy birthday, it much appreciated, I had a great birthday! We did more celebrating than I thought I ever would in the mission field! I guess district meeting just turned into Elder LeBarons Birthday party, which was cool! 

I think that I have eaten waaaay too much food this week, not to say that I don't get over fed just about every week, but especially this week in particular. I'm pretty sure that I have had brownies and Ice cream every night for the last 4 and a half months that Ive been out here. During this week we had a couple double dinners scheduled, which are absolutely the worst, there is nothing worse than having a member feed you until you are about to pop, and then going to another house where the other member is under the impression that you are some malnourished refugee, I have never had to gag down so much food, and then the next thing you know, you get on your bike and peddle down the road, and up huge hills at high speeds, its really a bad combination. After having enough food for a small town in a dinner appointment, we went to a youth event where there were some investigators, and the members guilt tripped us into eating in and out, after that we went to a less active who gave us two servings of brownies and ice cream, and gave us the rest to take home, I don't want to even look at food, don't get me wrong, its awesome to have members take care of you so much, but holy cow, my body can't take this.

There is this little girl in our ward, maybe about the age of 7, and I don't know where she got this idea in her head, but she is convinced that me and my companion have tattoos on our butts, she's probably one of the craziest 7 year olds that I know, but it's kind of become a joke among the ward members, her parents have restricted her from talking about anything to do with butts, or tattoos when we come over for dinner, which is probably a good thing, although Me and my comp thought it to be kind of cute and humorous, her parents were petrified, and went completely red the first time she told us that. 

Anyways, the work is moving along, and we are staying busy, just another week in the life of a missionary.

Elder LeBaron

No comments:

Post a Comment