Tuesday, October 4, 2016

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON...Hello Again!






It's been a really great week! 
We had a specialized training on Tuesday where President Dymock taught us about how we need to focus on getting members involved with their work. Because missionaries are here to assist members in their work to build up the kingdom and stand as witnesses of God at all times. It was a really good meeting, and the last 2 hours our ward councils all came and he shared some of the best information with them. Speaking of which, go watch the "Lead India: The Tree" on YouTube, because it was incredible. I love the message of getting started no matter what the odds are. :) 
And Conference was so rejuvenating too! I love what President Uchtdorf said about "If we were truly grateful, how could we ever tire of this gospel?"  It really got me thinking about how many things I just do because I'm told too, even though I don't like it anymore. And it helps to realize how blessed I am to know about the gospel, and all of the principles and commandments that come with it. How could I ever tire of this gospel if I were truly grateful for it? 
We also found a new investigator this week! His name is Chris, and we gave him a Book of Mormon and a Restoration pamphlet in preparation for our lesson tomorrow with him. We're a tad nervous because he's a youth pastor of another church, and we're pretty sure he'll school us on our Bible knowledge. But we're also really excited to discuss the reality of the priesthood being restored to the Earth, and we're feeling good about talking with him! I think even if he decides that he doesn't want to learn it, it'll be a cool experience for us. 
It has also been really cold this week. Saturday morning we were walking to watch conference at a member's home, and it started raining. Aaaaaaaaand then it started hailing. And of course, on a day we had to walk. Haha the weather has been cold and rainy every Saturday for the last month, and I've had it. I'm buying fleece lined leggings today. 

Also here are some pictures! The colors of the trees were changing in August when I got here, but these pics were especially great! 
And there's also a picture of the drop reason for a former investigator. Oh the joys of being a missionary. People are so funny about missionaries, haha! 

I love you all! Hope you all love your week like I loved mine! :)
Sister Johnson

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, you are just so awesome, I cannot even begin to tell you how proud I am of you -but, it is A LOT!!!!

    ReplyDelete