Monday, October 31, 2016

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON – From 10/24 - Woah, this week was really cool! :D



Last P-day we played an intense game of free for all marshmallow dodgeball with the zone in Sister Peacock's backyard, and it was really awesome. Haha we were very sore the next day. 
Wednesday was also the most perfect missionary day ever! We literally went from one lesson to another all day, and didn't have to tract, and we felt the Spirit and loved everything. And then we got home and the youth had heart-attacked our door for mutual :') it was so perfect. 
Also, IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY WEEK. So I have a story for y'all. 
Once upon a time, about 3 weeks ago, Sis. Whitehead asked me what I wanted to do on my birthday, and I said "I want to have the whole zone together and eat Papa Johns Pizza for lunch". And Sis Tyler, our Sister Training Leader, said "Oh, we're not allowed to have birthday parties. Sorry." And no matter how dumb I thought that rule was, the answer was "Some missionaries ruined it for us, so we can't anymore". Well... I believed her because I'm new and she's not and that sounded valid, because most of the rules out here are because a missionary once did something stupid, and they had to make a new rule for it. So Sis Peacock offered to take me and Sis Whitehead to lunch for my birthday. That made Elder Weech, our zone leader, surprisingly upset and he told us to cancel. But since I thought it didn't matter, I didn't cancel. So the day of my birth arrived, and Sis Tyler and Sis Strate picked us up from a lesson, and DRIVED RIGHT PAST our meeting point with Sis Peacock, and I was super mad. They were like "We have to get something at the church, we're so sorry!" (we were already 15 mins late, so I was freaking out, but trying really, really hard to be nice, so I just didn't say anything). We get to the church building and I'm jogging down the hallway to get to the primary room where apparently we had to pick up Sis Tyler's "packages", and when I look through the window, there's this dark room with Elder Harris and his camera staring at me. And then it dawned on me.... 
I got a surprise party!! :D And they made me 3 cakes that I had to judge, and they decorated, and they all laughed because I was so mad when I walked in and then I couldn't stop laughing the whole lunch hour. It was really awesome :) And Sis Peacock was there, so they'd had to invite her and tell her there was a surprise party, haha. I love this zone so much! They had apparently started planning the party before they asked me what I wanted. So it turned into a surprise party that I'm really happy about. :)
Anyways, Hailey is still on track to be baptized on Nov. 5th! We're really happy for her! But I won't be able to go to her baptism, because I'm being transferred today. I'm going to the Spokane North stake (thank heavens it's still Spokane) to the 9 Mile Falls ward, with Sister McFall :). We talked on the phone this morning to coordinate transfers, and she sounds really nice. I haven't heard anything about her, which means she probably isn't crazy, so that's good! So, I'm going to be stopping by Hailey's house tonight to say goodbye and everything. Someday I'll probably find her on Facebook, haha. 
Also, thank you all so much for the happy birthday wishes! All the mail and packages were awesome :) You're all awesome. Thanks for making me feel all special. 
Gotta go pack and deep clean everything now... love you all! :)
Sister Johnson

Ps. Here are some pictures! One of my presents, One of our last district meeting (so sad!), and One from my birthday party! :) 



1 comment: