Thursday, October 20, 2016

L.A temple trip, Service, and corn pancakes



Happy Hump day,

Sorry for all the craziness that has been happening with my schedule. We
just barley got back from the temple, and it was incredible. We got a ride
with the Glendora 5th Elders, and boy do they have a wild member. We woke
up at 4 this morning to get ready for our 6:45 endowment session. The
member was running really late, and we got stuck in the insane traffic that
leads up to L.A, we were so late we had to go to the 8 o'clock session, all
is well though we had an awesome time, and got an excellent tour of
Downtown L.A because we got so lost, those streets are full of so many
weird things, and even weirder people. All in all, it was awesome to go
back to the temple and to relearn all the awesome things that are inside,
although I feel super tired, I feel spiritually ready to hit this next
week.

Every Tuesday our whole zone goes and waters trees up in the foothills
because we are in a big drought around here, I'm pretty sure California has
been in a drought since.... well ever. After we come back from that we
normally wait at a members house for a ride, and we do random stuff for
him, this past week we cut down a tree, and it was a good time, after we
conquered the tree we cut it into smaller pieces for burning. I was driving
a go cart to unload all the wood, and I heard something to the effect of a
gun shot, instantly, the go cart slumped to the right back corner, and I
knew that I popped the tire. Fear instantly filled me, and I was sure those
tires weren't cheap, luckily for me I had only ran into a piece of wood
that had busted off the air valve, and it was really easy to fix.

Last Tuesday after lunch me and Elder Katanuma headed to a less actives
house. We found him outside cooking on an electric griddle, he said that he
was so happy to see us, because he has always wanted to feed the
missionaries lunch. He was making pancakes, and it seemed that I had just
enough room for maybe 1 or 2. I watched I. Horror as the member poured what
must have been half a can of canned corn on these dinner sized pancakes.
What is this guy doing? Pancakes are supposed to taste good... you don't
put corn in them. If you are wondering, it's even worse than you think.
Never, I repeat never, put corn in your pancakes, I ate about 2 big dinner
plate pancakes and I couldn't take it anymore, it especially didn't help
that he gave us strawberry jam instead of syrup. That day was a pretty bad
day, there is something that heavy carbs and corn does to you, and it's not
pleasant, throughout that whole day people offered us food every where we
went, I was defiantly okay missing a couple meals after that experience.

Well, we baptized Kimberly, and it was an awesome baptism, but there might
be some complications to it. Were really excited for her, and the choices
that she has made to come closer to Jesus Christ, she may need a little
more help than we thought, but I think that we can get her to where we need
in the next couple of weeks. We had an awesome turn out, and there wasn't
enough seats to contain every person that attended, there isn't a feeling
that can quite replicate that.  I hope that everyone's week has treated
them well, until next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment