Tuesday, December 27, 2016

ELDER MATT LEBARON - 12/26 - Rain, Christmas, and Baptism



What's up party people,


This week was an interesting one for sure, between all the rain and Christmas, it was a slow one for sure. Christmas day, and Christmas eve were pretty much dead, there aren't a lot of people out there that are thrilled to see us, especially on holidays, and you know, who can blame them? If a Jehovahs witness came knocking on my door on Christmas, Christmas eve, Thanksgiving, or really any time of the year, of any given day, I wouldn't be too thrilled about it, so I can understand where these people are coming from, but man it's not fun when its your full time job to talk to people, and no one wants to talk to you on Holidays, but regardless of all that, I had a wonderful Christmas, thank you everyone that sent me things, and letters, It meant the world to me to be able to see how many people were thinking about me during the holiday season. 


It's been pretty cold out here, I know what you're thinking, "California is the best place to be in the winter time" or "my middle western/northern state is way colder than what you're experiencing" Yes, Yes, I have already considered all of those thoughts, something I would probably think reading this email in a cold winter in Utah or Colorado as I cranked up the heater. I never really considered 50's to high 40's Cold, but when you are outside for 10 hours a day, you really feel it. My body also might have acclimated to the weather by now, so that could also be the case, but regardless, the rain did not help. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I am so glad that I am in California serving my mission, when there is a drought, man, what a blessing. After getting drenched by the rain a few times, it's not fun anymore, well, it wasn't too fun the first time, but at least I got excited and thought to myself. "man now this is a mission experience" as I walked from appointment to appointment soaking wet. I've also learned something valuable, it doesn't matter what kind of umbrella you have, it doesn't matter what kind of jacket you have, if you go out in pouring rain for a hours at a time, you're going to have a bad time. 


Lluvia was baptised, and confirmed on Christmas day, she's doing great, and so solid. It's really refreshing to see that baptisms eventually do come, but not only that, but how excited the people are that receive the Gospel in their lives. It has made me feel so grateful that I was born into this Church, but not only that, to have parents that helped my understand and know for myself through prayer, and the holy ghost that it is the true church lead by Jesus Christ himself. Going on my mission has made me so grateful to God for all the many blessings that he has given me, it's funny how a little perspective can give you a lot of gratitude, especially for things I never even thought I would or could be grateful for. All I know is that we have a Heavenly Father that loves us beyond our comprehension, and if we give ourselves to him he will make our lives more wonderful, fulfilling, and important than we could ever do by ourselves. I know that he has a better plan for us than we have for ourselves. I love sharing this Gospel with new people, and I love who I am becoming. Thank you everyone for all the support and love.
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif
Elder LeBaron






No comments:

Post a Comment