Tuesday, December 13, 2016

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 12/12 - Transfers...



Hello everyone! :D I'm in Moscow!

Not like Russia, though. You have to pronounce it like "Roscoe", or, as people say, you "get shot". Haha! 
I'm surviving Idaho so far! It's snowed every day since I got here. It was quite the adventure getting here. President Dymock himself actually drove us down here, which was awesome! Not just everybody gets to spend 2 hours talking to President. 
Now I'm learning to drive in slushy snow, which is an adventure too. At least our area is relatively small, so we don't have to drive too much. Our car doesn't make it up snowy hills well, so we try to avoid those.  The elders have given us lots of snow driving tips, which is much appreciated.
Speaking of elders, there are like 16 elders in this zone, and we're the only two sisters. It makes my STL job a little easier, yay! 
Want to hear my funny snow story? Ok here! 
There was a particular morning where the elders had invited us to play frisbee at the church building for exercise, and we were really excited to join them. But we didn't really plan in enough time to de-ice the windshield. So i decided to try a trick my mom had taught me once, and we brought out some water to pour on the windshield to melt all the ice and snow. WELL APPARENTLY that's a trick that only works in Arizona, because Arizona is never 15 degrees. This particular water, while it initially melted the windshield, also froze within 2 seconds. And so, thus defeated by the white death, we trudged back up our stairs to exercise inside by ourselves. The End. 
Everything here is a slow adjustment! Adjusting to snow, to not knowing anyone, to the new companion, to being in leadership, to figuring out where Walmart is, etc, it's all slow going. But at least it's going! And my companion thinks I'm funny, and she tells just as terrible of dad jokes as I do, so we spend a lot of time laughing at each other. :)
Also this area has an amazing "Nativities around the World" event, like the Mesa Temple Visitor's Center does, but way bigger! We got to be part of the staff for a few nights, and wander around and just talk to people. It was really cool!! It's this massive community event, and they have hundreds of people that come every night. I'm sad it's over, but I have a few pictures from it :). 
I'm going to go destroy some elders in a snowball fight now. Wish me luck! 

I love you all! Have a beautiful week! :)
Sister Johnson

Here are the pics! The first is of Sister Taylor, the nicest lady who we stayed with in Nine Mile Falls :).




Then Sister McFaul and I in front of the temple. 




Then the prettiest little Nativity at the event :)




And MY SUPER CUTE TRAINEE!! JUST LOOK AT HER!!




No comments:

Post a Comment