Tuesday, December 13, 2016

ELDER MATTHEW LEBARON - TRANSFERS...




Hey everyone!


This week has been kind of a blur. Its hard to really think about what all that happened this week. My head is kind of spinning. It finally happened, I completely expected it, I looked forward to it, and I dreaded it. I got transferred. Now this is a common missionary dilemma, but as for me, its the first time that I have been transferred to a new area. We got a call on Saturday night, and before I knew it I found myself in a different area, with a different missionary. I packed all my things up, and left for the woodside ward, located in la Puente, and west Covina California. It sucks so much to leave behind Glendora, sure that area was really hard, especially when it comes to missionary work, but I made so many close relationships with the people that I served with. It almost feels like I'm losing a piece of my heart. Man... that sucks. At the same time, I was really looking forward to transfers, i was feeling super stressed out because of the weight of the area. Historically, Glendora is on of the harder parts of the mission. Interestingly enough, the area that I got transferred to is one of the highest baptizing english areas in the mission, and boy does that sound refreshing. 

I think that I will miss my little asian though, good ol Elder Katanuma, was a funny guy. Man, I wish I had more to talk about, but after being transferred, it seems like all my memory is gone. All that I really can remember is the ward tour that I took on Sunday, it was super hard, because all the members wanted us over before I left, and so we tried to stay as productive as possible on Sunday, but I got the opportunity to see some of the members and investigators that I was going to leave behind when I headed out.

I'm super excited to be in this area, and to be able to be with my new companion. His name is Elder Crane, he is from Idaho, a classic farm boy, and I am going to kill him. He goes home in February, since he extended his mission he will leave after a transfer and a half, which I'm not sue where that will leave me, but I'm sure only exciting things are ahead. I just hope that he isn't too trunky, and doesn't trunk me out in the process. I think that me and him already have quite a bit in common so this is going to be a great transfer and a half. 

Well, other than that I don't have anything else to report, but believe me, there will be more to come, stay tuned to the LeBaron weekly, and you won't be disappointed, promise.

Elder LeBaron

No comments:

Post a Comment