Monday, December 26, 2016

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON...12/19 - Hello all! It's been a good week!



I've had cookies every single day. I've seen the sun once. We got a new investigator named Jake! I'm feeling really happy. Sister Atwan is awesome. Our apartment is clean! And Christmas is coming! And then I'll get to talk to my family :)).
Also this week we worked on a llama/alpaca farm, and we'll get to do it again tomorrow! We got to help haul hay and feed all the animals. It's pretty weird, but it's kind of fun too! 
Also a little 3 year old girl told us a story the other day about ourselves, wanna hear it?
"Do you like gingerbread men? Oh good. Once upon a time, the missionaries put a gingerbread man in the oven. And then! The house EXPLODED! KABOOM! and the missionaries disappeared. And THEN they turned into monsters, with ZOMBIE FACES. One time I saw a zombie with red bones because the blood was coming out of him! They looked like THAT!" and her dad was just like "I swear this does not come from our books or movies. Let's talk about puppies and kitties Ok??" Hahaha they're raising Wednesday Adams. 
Also this week I found a really cool scripture that I think gets overlooked! Isaiah 9:6 is the classic scripture verse (wonderful, counselor, prince of peace, etc. :) ), but Isaiah 9:2 is so good coupled with that one! I just have such a grateful heart this Christmas to really focus on how Christ really is our light in this dying world. And I'm so happy to be a missionary this time of year, and to be able to share that light with everyone! This is the greatest work, and I'm so excited to be apart of it. :)
Also this week, we were able to have specialized training with President and Sister Dymock, and it blew our minds. I don't even know how to explain. But Amos 3:7, where it says "secret", should be translated differently because of the Hebrew word "Sod" or "Sode". If you're interested, it's worth looking up!! We got to have a Christmas party with them afterwards, and it included a white elephant gift exchange, and decorating ugly sweater cookies! (cookie cutout shoutout to my mom because it was awesome!)







 And shoutout to Sis Atwan for helping me make 100+ cookies for 14 elders). it was so fun! I love this zone. :) Pictures to come! 

 I hope you all have a Merry Christmas! Keep on shining your lights, people are noticing more and more! 
I love you all! 
Sister Johnson






No comments:

Post a Comment