Thursday, December 8, 2016

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 12/5 - Hello All!!



So a lot of crazy things happened this week. 

Like, we went to dinner at a members house, and as we pulled up this raccoon ran out from behind the house. And as Sister McFaul tried to get out of the car, it grabbed her foot. I have never heard so much screaming as that on my mission. Hahaha we were trapped in our car until the member came outside and picked up that raccoon, because turns out it's their pet. 
And we went over to this less active family's house, and we got to go out and see all their animals (because they're becoming self sufficient). And the mom let us milk their goat!! That was pretty awesome!
We also got to go to the ward Christmas party, and the musical program they put on was from the "Forgotten Carols" thing or something, and both Sister McFaul and I, and Lorrie our investigator just sat there ugly crying the whole time. 
And the best thing that happened was that Travis, our recent new investigator, is now considering baptism :). The spirit was so strong in our lesson about the Gospel, and the member at our lesson was crying, and Travis said he got chills. It was an incredible experience. 
And on Sunday, Bishop Hardy's daughter bore her testimony, and in it she was talking about the 5 loaves and 2 fishes that Jesus fed the multitudes with. And she said that Christ didn't look at them with disappointment, and say "this is obviously not enough to feed this many people with", but instead probably thought "I'll take what you have, and I'll make it enough". It was comforting to hear, because so often we look at what we are and where we want to be, and get discouraged, telling ourselves we are not enough. But it's not true! Because our Savior will take whatever we have, and he makes it enough :). 

Want to know the craziest thing?

President Dymock called us Sunday morning to talk to me, and asked if I'd be willing to serve on the Missionary Leadership Council, which means I'll be a sister training leader next transfer! In Moscow, Idaho! With a brand new missionary who flew into Spokane today, and who I'll meet tomorrow! Which also means that I will be "sweeping" an area, which means they pull both the missionaries there, out, and put two new ones in. So.... I'm going to be first training a new sister, in a swept area, as STL. Needless to say, I'm a little stressed. But you know what? I read a cool scripture today! It's 3 Nephi 13:25-34, but especially where it says "your Heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow." It was a good reminder that through the Atonement, I can do all things too! Even when the tasks we are sometimes asked to do seem impossible and daunting, God never asks too much of us, and never asks without promising to support us through our trial and blessing us the whole way. 
So, stay tuned for my Idaho adventures, because I'm certain there will be a plethora of them! 
I love you all! I hope you're all enjoying the start of this Christmas season! I know I'm way pumped for it :). 
Sister Johnson


Also here are some pictures!

 One is of me on a road up to a lesson,



 and another of me meeting Santa at the ward Christmas party! 
 

I'll send more pics later :)
 More Pics!


One is of our zone!
 Right after we had our cupcake wars competition. 
 
Then me in the snow/hail we had Sunday afternoon, it was pretty interesting
  
And the pictures are what Sister McFaul and I are giving to our zone for Christmas.
 









 They're pretty funny - we asked a lot of questions to get results like that. Haha



1 comment:

  1. Oh, Sarah, I am so proud of what you are doing - you are just super!! But, you are so missed here! The Holidays are really fun right now, but there is something missing....and it is YOU!! I love you,Sarah Manarrrrhhhh.......Grandma

    ReplyDelete