Thursday, December 8, 2016

ELDER MATTHEW LEBARON - 11/28 - Thanksgiving, more rain, and the siracha factory



Hello friends a family! 

This week was a real slow one, mainly because of all the rain we got, and thanksgiving. People literally hate talking to us even more on holidays, I'm not exactly sure what the white handbook means when it says " Saturday's, Sunday's, and holidays are excellent opportunities for teaching" weekends, yes, holidays... no. I'm pretty sure people were about to throw rocks at us, luckily for us we didn't have to spend too much time on the streets because we had two dinner appointments, yes, two thanksgiving dinners. Let's just say, I can hardly handle one thanksgiving dinner, so there is no need to go into the details, doing that to your body will most definitely mess you up, would not recommend. 

This week was cold, and rainy, which was quite honestly pretty horrible. I have become a lot more grateful to be in sunny Southern California that is in a drought, because rain makes missionary work hard, even with umbrellas we got soaked, the rain went sideways because of the wind, and for a good majority of the afternoon we were picking palm tree leaves out of the street so cars could pass. I can't remember a time on my mission where I was more miserable, yeah sure, 60 degrees really isn't all that cold, but when you're soaking wet, with a strong wind, it gets pretty bad. I'm so grateful I'm not serving in the cold, although I prefer the heat, when you are in the cold all day, it's really hard on your body, by cold, I mean 40s-50s, I didn't really think that was all that cold, at the same time, I didn't use to think 90 was too hot, but being exposed to the weather all day really changes your perspective.

During this week I have started to realize that no one in this ward knows how to pronounce E. Katanumas name, they always leave us messages, and something to the effect of " oh hello Elder LeBaron and Elder.... ugh kat-a-lac-a-too-a" or  "kat-oh-wrap-a-puma" every time it's different, and quite humorous, not being exposed to many cultures during my life, I thought his name was pretty easy to pronounce, but the ward doesn't seem to think so. 

We went to the Siracha factory, which apparently is the only one in the United States, I'm not sure exactly what the exact name of the factory was, but we went on a tour, and it was super awesome, and they are a pretty cool company, the tour was free, and my mind was blown at just how much sauce they make each day, and how many countries they supply with it. It literally goes all over the world, and not to mention, I got a free bottle, so that's sweet. 

Thanks for all the love and support, until next week,

Elder LeBaron 

No comments:

Post a Comment