Thursday, December 8, 2016

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 11/28 - Wow! It's almost December, and I'm a little freaked out by that.




It snowed today and it stuck. >.< So we celebrated by going with a member to Costco to buy a snow coat. My survival skills are now employed. Fortunately, we have an all car area, so I don't have to bike or walk through the snow.... yet.... 

Thanksgiving was awesome though! We only made it to 3 of the dinners we were invited to because it turns out you stay a little longer than you expect to when you're eating so much food. I almost exploded I ate so much. I even tried a brussel sprout, because this 9 year old boy challenged me to ("I'll eat one if you do!"). His brother described it as a "dead rat wrapped in lettuce", but I thought it tasted like mushy broccoli stems. Haha we had a lot of fun all day. It was so nice to know the members love us and care about us enough to send us home with mountains of leftovers. #Thanksgivingfordays  
We also have been way excited for the Church's Christmas initiative this year! Everyone go look up the #LighttheWorld Christmas video and advent calendar on Mormon.org/downloads, it's incredible. It gets me every time I watch it. :) We've been sharing it with all the members when we come over for dinners. 
Other than that.... it's been a mostly uneventful week. People don't really want to see us over the holidays. But we had a lot of laughs and we were well taken care of! I'm looking forward to Christmas time here, I think we'll see a lot of miracles in Nine Mile Falls next transfer. People are being prepared by the Lord, and I get to be a part of it! I still wake up some mornings and can hardly believe I'm a missionary, and I get to see people change and discover the Atonement. How real it is! I'm so grateful for my testimony, especially this season. I hope you all get a chance to realize how amazing Heavenly Father's plan is as you start off your Christmas season :). 

I love you all! I hope you're warmer than I am! 
Sister Johnson

Pics! One is of the Jensen family who fed us at 1:30 on Thanksgiving


Then of the Law's party that we ate at, at 3


The third is from the hot cocoa party we went to at the Cheney's on Saturday, yum! 


And last is of me, with the snow that stayed on the ground today. 



1 comment:

  1. You made me laugh!! Sounds like a good time! Missing you,missing you!!
    All my Love, Grandma!!

    ReplyDelete