Sunday, June 4, 2017

ELDER MATT LEBARON - 5/29 - Killing comps, and transfer calls



Hello friends and family!

This week has flown by! honestly the last 6 weeks have flown by so fast! it seems like the faster transfer that I have had during my mission. I have loved being with my Filipino companion Elder Ela, and also Elder Cottle, it has been one of the best companionships yet! Elder Ela went to the office today he's going back to the Philippines , it was super sad, I hate transfers, when you're moved or other people move or go home it really messes me up for a little bit. something that I don't think I have gotten used to yet, or ever will be on the mission is the constant change that happens, always having to be on your toes, not sure if you will go or leave, or if one of your comps is leaving. so much change. but you know what they say, when there is change there is growth, so bring it on. 

Something that I was not expecting was the transfer call that I received on Saturday. to my surprise I was transferred back to the east part of the mission, in La Verne the ward that I am currently covering is called the Heritage ward. I pretty much went from the farthest west you can go in the mission to the farthest east. I was super disappointed to leave my comp and my new area, I was just starting to get comfortable, and boom I'm gone. I am super grateful for the opportunity to have served in the Filipino ward it is a place where a lot of missionaries want to go, it is so cool, there are so many cool things that you get to do, so many cool places you get to go, and so many cool people you get to meet. I was hoping that I would stay at least 3 transfers here, but I have received another call in the east. I will do the best I know how with this new area, the work of the lord continues, but something good is that I have a pretty cool companion who I think I will get along with really well. 

It's hard to think about all the things that we did this week, but we worked hard! we visited so many people, we talked to a ton of people on the streets, and you best believe that we tracted out several neighborhoods. there was a lot of good things happening this week, even if the fruits of our labor hasn't shown yet. It was funny, I think I had the funnest time tracting this week, something i normally hate. It's Cali, I know how people are here especially in L.A and Glendale, same rejections, same responses, but I had such a fire burning inside me, I loved telling people about the restored gospel even though they slammed the door or brushed us off, because i realized something, God loves all his Children, and one of the ways that he shows his love is giving us the ability to choose. so every time you see us knocking your door down, or handing you a pass along card, it shows how much God loves them, that he sent missionaries to give them another opportunity to accept the restored church on the earth today. Even though that tracting event was pretty brutal, I couldn't help but feel successful, and the feeling of peace came over me knowing that I did my best to help those people come closer to their savior, Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful for moments like that. missions are hard, they are frustrating, and often times I wonder If I can keep going. But I am reminded again and again of the amazing work that I am doing, the lives that I am touching, and the person I am becoming. I can't help but be grateful to God for giving me the opportunity to serve. for him to make me into the best man that I can be. I love being a missionary, and for all the amazing experiences that I have had. I look forward to the many more that I will have on this adventure. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful week, and more importantly I hope you are enjoying your memorial day! glad we could both have the same day off for once. haha
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif


--
Elder LeBaron
614 West Foothill Blvd, Arcadia, California, 91006

No comments:

Post a Comment