Sunday, June 4, 2017

ELDER MATTHEW LEBARON - 5/15 - Mother's Day



Hey friends and family! this week is going to be a little short, but I had an awesome week!

We did a lot of finding, we did some tracting, but over all we were able to pick up 5 investigators which is pretty good! the problem is just trying to retain those people, it seems that we drop as much people as much we pick up, the last person that had a lot of potential we had to drop, sometimes its hard to see when people just won't accept the gospel, because they let life, or excuses get in the way. But I am still loving this area, and there is so much to look forward to, and to accomplish. The Filipino people are awesome! I love the Glendale 8th ward!

This week I had some really awesome scripture studies, and I wanted to share a little bit of one with you guys! so I was reading in 2nd Nephi chapter 28 today it pretty much talks about the way the world will be in the Latter days, and how the people will be confused, pretty much describing the affects of the apostasy, and how people will continually reject God and fill their hearts with pride. Nephi wrecks everyone in the last part of the chapter, leaving no way to misunderstand what will happen to those that reject the book of Mormon or God. something that I thought was really cool, after pretty much warning everyone about what would happen for the chapter he ends it with verse 32 which says

Wo be unto the Gentiles, saith the Lord God of Hosts! For notwithstanding I shall lengthen out mine arm unto them from day to day, they will deny me; nevertheless, I will be merciful unto them, saith the Lord God, if they will repent and come unto me; for mine arm is lengthened out all the day long, saith the Lord God of Hosts.

and it really hit me. I have read this scripture so many times in my life and it never hit me like it did today. God will lenghten his arm unto them from day to day, but they will deny him, but he will be merciful. I sat there for a little time, just thinking about all the times in my life when I reject Christ, or I rejected God, not in the same sense of rejecting the gospel, but how many times I let my pride get the best of me thinking that I understood things better than my leaders or parents, or how many times I rejected the blessings that God would give me because I wasn't willing to put in the work to receive them, but regardless of all of that if i repent and look to God, he will help me every time. even when we give up on God he never gives up on us, no matter how selfish, prideful, or apathetic we are, God will always be there when we are ready to repent. I am so grateful for the atonment and for the opportunity I have each day to do better than I did yesterday. I love this Church. I love the Lord, and I love my mission. thanks for all the support that I get from all of you, sorry for not responding to a couple emails, I will get to you guys next week, it was kind of a crazy pday.

Much Love
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif
--
Elder LeBaron

No comments:

Post a Comment