Sunday, June 4, 2017

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 5/01 - Hey guys! Happy May First!



So this week has been good :) we had a couple of good highlights. 
We played "Quidditch" with the zone last pday and it was awesome! No brooms were involved, so it was like.... muggle Quidditch. But it rocked anyway! And we got really good exercise and a lot of laughs out of it :). 
We had a great lesson with Jim out in Potlatch this week :). We went back over the Word of Wisdom with him, because he had some really great questions about it. He said that he just felt like God was telling him to reread the Word of Wisdom pamphlet, and then when he did he just understood everything so much better when we re explained it all. Hopefully it helps convince him to quit the coffee.... we'll keep working on him :). 
We had dinner with the Gough's on Wednesday! They're the senior CES missionaries at the institute, and they're adorable. They fed us a beautiful pot roast dinner. Sister Gough's birthday is coming up.... we'll have to make them cookies or something. 
Also we were invited to a BBQ with some of the YSA people... and I realized how extraordinarily awkward of a partygoer I have become. We went to like.... get to know the members, with the intent to only stay half an hour and just talk to some people, have a few laughs, maybe get a referral, and move on. But instead we stayed like 5 minutes and awkwardly ate one hotdog between us.... and talked to 2 people..... like dangit I finally got invited to the cool cat party, and now I'm weird and awkward about it. Haha I have some work to do when I get home.... ;p 
John is still doing good! They got him a calling as the Usher :) and we got to be there to sustain him for the priesthood yesterday :). He's just moving along so nicely. We started his new member lessons this week, and they went really well. He remembers a lot, and it's been good to add to what he already knows. (New member lessons are all the missionary lessons again, in case I hadn't explained that before...) 
Thursday night we had a really awesome dinner with the Blazzards out in Potlatch :). They're the cutest elderly people ever, and Bro. Blazzard is obviously still so in love with Sis Blazzard and it was the best dinner ever. We shared the Easter video with them, and they really felt it. I've also been reading Jesus the Christ a lot this week, and I'd just read about Jesus being betrayed, and the unjust trial, and watching the Easter video after that was so powerful. We talked a little about how Jesus really had no armies, didn't gain power, didn't dictate over us, even though he could have. When he says to Peter in the garden before the mob takes him, "Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?" I realized that he could have lead armies. He could have taken spoils. He could have ruled over us. And instead, he saved us. Instead, he heals us. Instead he loves and leads us. I had this overwhelming feeling of gratitude during that message, it was incredible. I love Jesus so much, and I really felt closer to Him this week. 
Well.... I have to get off the computer pretty quick here, so I'll give a brief rundown of the weekend. We finally went on an exchange, so Sis Allen and I were companions for a day! It was super fun, I love her :). It was cool to hang out with someone from home, so we could talk about all these people and actually know who the other was talking about. District meeting was good too, we ate donuts. Church at the YSA ward was good, and we finally had a meeting with Tessa! We hadn't met with her since the first week in YSA.... and now she's going home for the summer.... bummer..... (that rhymed yo). But she rocks and she's going to meet with missionaries over the summer where she's from, and they'll probably get to baptize her, so that'll be sweet :). 
Anyways, this week we'll get to meet Elder Holland at a huge mission conference! I'm so excited! It'll be the coolest mission reunion ever.... and I think we're supposed to take a mission picture that I'm super pumped about. Stay tuned for the details on that :). 
I love you all! I hope all is well :). 

only one pic this week.... sorry guys.... We'll do better next week. At least Sis Allen and I were cute :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment