Sunday, June 4, 2017

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 5/22 - Hey guys!



So.... I'm feeling really lazy,... and also didn't leave myself a ton of time to write a group email. So I'll send lots of pictures at least. Haha
This week was pretty good! The golden companionship is about to break up though. We got our transfer calls this week, and Sister Mitchell will be staying in just the Potlatch branch! (Elders will be taking over the YSA ward). And I will be banished to Plummer, ID to boot elders out, and to train a new sister! So it'll definitely make for fantastic adventure stories, I'm sure! Plummer is part of the Coeur d'Alene stake, so I'll get to see CDA a little bit sometimes I think. 
Also this week I worked at the food bank and the horse farm for my last time ever. It was sad! But the food bank gave us these wonton wrappers they had.... so i decided against my better judgement, and sister Mitchell and I deep fried wontons on Wednesday night. And guess what? I didn't light the oil on fire this time! (Ta would be so proud of me ;) ). And then we made dessert wontons at like 10 that night, which wasn't very good for us physically... but man was it good soul food. So we had the Pullman sisters over for wontons on Thursday night too :). 






Oh! Thursday we got to have a zone conference down in Lewiston with a general authority named Elder Golden! He and his wife are from South Africa, and they are absolutely the coolest! They gave us a really good training just on how to be better and how to rely on the Lord. I felt so empowered to go and work harder :). It was a really cool training. We had heard that Elder Golden would be doing interviews with us in randomly selected apartments throughout the mission, so we've been deep cleaning our apartments for like 3 weeks. But they announced that Elder Golden would be doing the interviews there at the stake center instead. And we believed them. Until at 8 when we got a text from Sister Dymock asking if the Goldens could come and check our apartment. Ha! So we did the dishes from our wonton adventure so fast, and hurried and straightened out everything in our 3 minute warning. The Goldens were so nice, and the Dymocks were so nice too. They even checked our fridge to see what we eat (thank goodness we had some vegetables in there...), and checked our boards and our maps. Sister Golden even commented on how clean our walls were. It was rather terrifying to have a general authority and the mission president in our apartment.... but I think we passed the test, so we're alright! (Also we got a selfie with them, best picture ever!)


 Oh I also included some horse farm pictures for your enjoyment. It was really gross this time, because we had to shovel a lot of really gross horse crap. It was gross. 



 Also had my last lesson with Isabeau! She's doing so great, I'm excited for her to keep meeting with the missionaries. Sis Martin took a picture of Sister Mitchell and I to put on her "missionary wall" at home. Isabeau wouldn't get in it... but it's ok! 
 


Saw Dawn and Jim and the Vandeheys for the last time too... I'll send pictures with them in another email, this one won't let me add anymore >.< 
Anyways.... that was pretty much it. I'm excited that Sister Mitchell will probably be able to keep teaching Jake. And Sister McFaul is going to do so much good for the Potlatch branch! Off I go into a new chapter of my mission :) It's going to be awesome.
I love you all! 
Sister Johnson 

Oh! We also got to go out to the Pullman Elder's house, and take pictures on their roof. It's a fantastic view of Pullman :) 
 









Also a picture of our Potlatch Ward Mission Leader, but he had knee surgery so he's on a couch. We love them so much though!




Also Jim :)) Jim is the best. 




And Dawn! Who is also the best! She had never taken a "selfie" before, haha so we showed her how :). 





There you guys go! All the pictures, yay! 


































No comments:

Post a Comment