Sunday, June 4, 2017

ELDER MATTHEW LEBARON - 5/1 - Another day in the work



This week really flew by! It's kind of hard to remember everything
that happened! But we are still plucking along and I'm doing my best
to try and learn the area, it's so big!

This week we went to L.A, Chino, and Burbank, its so crazy how much
driving we do.  It I think it's even crazier how hard it is to find
Filipino people to teach, surprisingly we still pick up quick a few
investigators a week, but some of those people we just pass off, which
can be frustrating sometimes, but it's a really cool opportunity to be
in the Filipino ward.

Things here are a lot different than English work! I think the food
has really gotten me the most, and the way people eat it. At ever meal
that I've been to we have rice, that's just a given, but a lot of sour
soup, which is essential pork with like this seaweed type of stuff
with beats... it's kind of weird and tastes well... a little sour, you
take that and put it on rice. I think one of the weirdest things to me
was watching some of our members eat with their hands, which I guess I
a very normal thing they do in the Philippines? If they don't eat with
their hands they eat with a fork and spoon. With the spoon in your
right hand you use the fork to put everything onto the spoon, it's
just weird. I've never eaten with both a fork and spoon before,  but
it beats using your hands for sure.

Something that I have tried to improve on this week is to be more bold
with our investigators and with people on the streets, it's been a
little intimidating, but I've seen that it doesn't freak people out as
much as I thought it would. When people tell us that they've already
been baptized to tell them that the church of Jesus Christ of Latter
Day Saints is the one and only church that has the authority to
baptize and preach the gospel. To tell people that they need to find
out for themselves if what we are saying is true because their
salvation depends on it. I've learned a lot from my comp E. Ela. And
it seems to work pretty well, there is a way to be bold without over
bearing and I'm starting to understand the difference. I know that
this church, is the only way that we can obtain our salvation, I know
that it is essential that we know that the the priesthood was restored
through Joseph smith and that there is no way we can obtain
forgiveness in this life or the life to come unless we take advantage
of the atonement which our savior Jesus Christ preformed. It's really
cool to be able to inform people about all of these things, I'm
grateful for the opportunity I get each day. Until next week,

Elder LeBaron

614 west foothill blvd, Arcadia, California, 91006

No comments:

Post a Comment