Sunday, June 4, 2017

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 5/15 - Hello everybody! :)



This week was the best! And I got to talk to my family yesterday, and that always lifts my spirits. Heavenly Father puts us in families so we can be happy, and he definitely chose the right one for me. :} 
But I'll tell you all about my week anyways, because there was some good stuff that happened! 
Monday we went on a hike as a zone! We went up to Kamiak Butte, and it was beautiful, and we got some really good pictures. I attached some of the pictures :). Sorry the zone pic is kind of dark.... don't know what happened there... :/ 
Tuesday we had a couple of miracles! One was that while we had interviews with President Dymock (which are always fantastic, and in which President hinted that I'm most likely leaving Moscow this coming transfer) we were talking to Sister Dymock. And we were about to call and cancel and appointment with Jim, because our fellowship for him couldn't make it (and we need a woman to go see him with). But then Sister Dymock asked if she could come with us and be the member fellowship! So we called him and just changed the time, and had the coolest lesson with Sister Dymock at Jim's home. We taught him all about the Book of Mormon, so we could finally get him started on reading it, and he really listened to Sister Dymock when she spoke. When the lesson started, he was feeling pretty groggy from a sleeping pill he'd taken the night before, but then at the end of the lesson he said "You guys, I feel so much better now........ and I know why." haha he knows the Book of Mormon works.... he just won't read it. We'll get there. 
Then! The second really cool thing on Tuesday was when we were at dinner with Bishop Walker and his cute family. We had originally planned to have dinner on Wednesday with them, but last minute, Sister Walker asked if we could squeeze in on Tuesday (even though their schedule was pretty busy) because something came up for Wednesday. We got there a tiny bit late from a stake meeting with President Dymock, so our dinner hour started a little after 6. And then just towards the end of the dinner, in the middle of a fantastic story Sister Walker was telling, there's a knock on the door. Bishop went to get it, and in walks Jake, our investigator from forever ago. He was absolutely in tears and wanted to talk. If we had been on time to the dinner, we would have missed him. If we hadn't been there Tuesday night, we'd have missed him. He'd hit a sort of rock bottom that day, and had come over ready to change. After about an hour of talking him through some things, we asked Jake if there was anything we could do for him. He asked "Is there anyway we can start meeting again", and we said absolutely! When? And he said "Tomorrow?". AH! We are so excited to see how it goes. Heavenly Father really does watch out for all of us, and He's going to help Jake out of the hole he dug. I'm excited to see all the miracles that follow. :) 
The lesson with Jake went ok the next day, but we'll see if he's made any real changes the next time we meet up with him... 
Then we went on Exchanges! And I had a fabulous exchange with Sister Cheney. I love that sister, she's such a hard worker. And we got to help out at this clothing sorting place with the Pullman district. It was pretty funny being there, we had a good time :). Wish I had a picture.... sometimes you just forget when you're having fun. 
Thursday night we had dinner with Molly :) and she was so sweet! It was her son's 2nd birthday, and we had pizza with them. It was really cute and comfortable. And her 14 year old daughter actually came out and talked to us for a while, which was a new thing. I like her, she's someone I could be friends with I think.... 
Friday we had district meeting and the horse farm again :) Good times! Didn't get any pictures from those either.... but it was good. We also got to meeting with Isabeau, and we made s'mores with her after the lesson. I love doing weird random things, and that was one of them haha. 
SATURDAY WAS MY 10 MONTH MARK! Yay! :) Sister Mitchell and I celebrated by getting the "best burger in town" (according to the elders). We went to Humble Burger, and it was pretty good! Sister Mitchell is kind of a burger connoisseur, and she thought it needed more mayo or a tomato, but I liked it just fine. Happy 10 months to me! 
And Sunday I got to Skype my cute family :) and I'm so happy to hear they're all doing so well. That night we got to go and see Dawn, our elderly friend :). She loves us so much, but she doesn't quite understand that we're aiming to baptize her, I think.... She wants to understand the Book of Mormon so much though! And she had a friend who basically bashed us to her, and she got so mad at him, because she said it wasn't very Christian of him to say those things about us, because we're nice girls who have solid faith. It's so great to hear her testimony of us.... we're going to turn it into a testimony of the Gospel someday I hope! She said she's determined to find out the truth, if it's one God (the trinity) or 3 (the Godhead), and I think that's where she'll start progressing - when she figures it out. She's so fantastic, I'm going to write her after I leave :).  


Anyways, that was about it! Today is Elder Kosmicki's last pday, so we're taking a "death picture" for him. He said the theme is "death by marshmallow dodgeball", so every companionship bought a giant bag of giant marshmallows. I'm excited to see the results. Stay tuned ;). 



I love you all! Keep on keeping on! :)
Sister Johnson 

oh! Also in addition to the hike pics, 



there's a pic of me and my Humble Burger,


 and a picture of the model Snape Sister Cheney made out of play dough and an egg. we call him Snegg. He's fantastic. Enjoy! :) 








No comments:

Post a Comment