Friday, January 19, 2018

ELDER MATT LEBARON - 10/02 - Transfers

Hey everyone,

Welcome to yet another addition to the LeBaron Mission series. Things have been absolutely crazy today! Today we had transfers... and well... I got transferred. I was pretty upset when I found out, I’ve been praying so hard to stay just one more so I could be there for Lauryn’s baptism. I’ve been working with her for almost 5 months now. We’ve been waiting for her 18th birthday and it’s finally coming this month! I have to admit I cried realizing I was going to leave this area. I feel like I put my whole soul into this place. I learned to love the ward and really developed a close relationship with a lot of people, ward members and investigators. The sadness was a little refreshing because at that point I realized just how much I love my mission. I cherish the memories that I have made throughout the last 16 months, and I am grateful for the memories I will make in the next 8. 

I was transferred to the Hacienda Heights 1st Ward which covers La Puente and hacienda heights, it’s kind of cool because I served in the woodside ward, the area just below this one. I like that I’m already a little familiar with the area. I’m excited for this next transfer and to put my heart into the work and try and find as many people as we can. 

I don’t have much time for emails because of all the stuff we’ve had to do with moving ourselves and other missionaries around the area. Transfer pdays are always the craziest. I love this work, and I love all of you! Thanks for all the support and love! 

Until next week,

Elder LeBaron

No comments:

Post a Comment