Thursday, January 18, 2018

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 6/12 - Hello my beautiful people!

It's been a crazy/weird/stressful week. The biggest news being that Sis Latu got what's called "Emergency Transferred" to Spokane to learn Marshalese, and to serve in the Marshalese branch there with a sister from the Marshal Islands. So that pretty much took up our Saturday! Now I have a new companion who just finished training. Her name is Sister Hartman, I'll send a pic of her later. Plummer has been one whirlwind of a trip. 
We started teaching Anastasia's husband, Johnothon this last week! And a 13 year old friend of theirs, Allen. It's been really exciting :). I love just being at their home, it's so fun! Anastasia actually made us fry bread this week, and it was absolutely incredible. And this coming week, Anastasia said she knows me well enough that she'll share her 100 year old tamale recipe with me, and teach me how to make it this coming Friday. So look out, world! I'm about to be a tamale prodigy!! 
We also met a member this week, Sister Williams, who totally reminds me of Jennika back home! But like, an adult. She's even part Swiss! We got to go and share a message with her last night, and it made me so happy. I want to be her friend so bad. It's amazing how many people you meet and love on your mission. Missions are the best. 
Otherwise, I'll be totally honest, this week was kind of boring. But I love being a missionary! And I'm learning to love Plummer so much. I'll be sad to leave, whenever that happens. The branch is so cute.... except they asked me to give a talk yesterday, and only gave me 2 days warning. But it turned out really good! And Johnothon basically slept through the whole things, so I was able to give him a lot of attitude about that. But church sleep is the best sleep, right? And at least he was awake for the Priesthood meeting, because he loved that. It made me smile :). 
I hope that all is well at home! I am loving my mission here, and I'm so excited for all the adventures up ahead. I hit my 11 month mark tomorrow, people! It's been almost a year since I've been home. It's kind of bizarre to think about. It goes so fast. But I'm loving it. 
Speaking of loving things, I love you all! Keep being fantastic :). 
Love, 
Sister Johnson 

Here are some pics from this week. Enjoy. :) 







No comments:

Post a Comment