Friday, January 19, 2018

ELDER MATT LEBARON - 11/13 - Transfers

Hey everyone,

I can’t believe that another transfer has flown by. It seems like I just blinked and it’s over. Being with Elder Stone has been pretty good, we got a lot of good work done. Transfers always make me a little sad. I think Change is just hard, no matter how long you’ve been on the mission, when you leave or get a new companion it’s always hard to make that adjustment. I’m glad that don’t have to hold my breath ever 6 weeks for the rest of my life, haha. 

Elder stone got a transfer call, he’s heading out the the Filipino ward. I think he’ll enjoy it a lot. I know I did for the 6 weeks that I was there haha. I got a call from the assistants and it looks like I’m going to be training. They switched up how they did training calls this time. Normally if you’re training you’ll get a call on Thursdays, then they have a training meeting on Friday, and you pick up your greenie on Tuesday when they arrive. Thursday came and went so I already assumed I wasn’t training. When transfer calls came that’s when they told me. They switched around so now I won’t pick up my son until Wednesday. I’m excited, but also a little scared. I just already had it in my head that I wasn’t training so it really threw me. I’m going to try and be nice to him, but I remember all the crap I got when I got when I first came in from older missionaries and my trainer. I’ll be nice, but I’ll still mess with him for sure, haha. Good luck buddy. 

Steve got baptized on Saturday! It was super awesome. This has been a long anticipated event for Steve and us. We had a few ward members come, it turned out pretty well. The only problem was that the water heater went out. Luckily for me it was Elder stone who did the baptizing and not me. Stone kept trying to be positive as he felt the water in the font. “ it’s at least room temperature so it won’t be that cold” but I could see the fear in his eyes. I could f help but laugh a little as Stone and Stephen winced as they got in the water... the water was pretty cold, definitely did not feel like “room temperature” to me. Steve gasped as he came out of the water, it was a memorable baptism for sure. I’m just grateful that I didn’t do the baptizing this time, haha. 

This week has been good, there’s a lot of changes going on in the zone. There are so many new missionary’s it’s crazy. The mission has changed so much in the last year and a half. It’s almost unrecognizable to what it use to be. I’m still loving the mission and the Lord. It will be interesting to be a trainer, it’s a little intimidating, but I’m sure I might figure it out.

Thanks for all the support, 

Elder LeBaron 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment