Friday, January 19, 2018

ELDER MATT LEBARON - 11/23 - Training, thanksgiving, and meetings

Happy thanksgiving everyone!

Our P-Day got moved to Thursday for whatever reason. I guess it’s because president knows that it’s not a very productive day for missionary work. The problem with that is that a lot of places are closed, and it’s harder to get things done on a holiday. Other than not having a P-day in almost two weeks I’m doing great, the bonus here is that P-day is on Monday again so it’s coming up quick! What a blessing. I’m not sure if I will have a lot to report, but I’ll try and send out an email. 

First off I just want to say, training is pretty fun. We went to the training meeting last week and everyone was a little anxious to find out who their companion was going to be. I think it’s funny because when I first came into the mission I remember looking at the trainers and being nervous about who was going to train me, but it still happens when you are training. I kept looking around wondering, “am I going to train him, or maybe him? I don’t know” a lot of the older missionaries always look so confident and in control, I’m starting to find out that I still don’t know exactly what I’m doing. I think everyone always assumes the older missionaries know everything, but we don’t. 

Once you’ve been out for a little while, you get use to missionary life, with all its challenges and difficulties. Something that has been interesting is watching E. McDaniel go through the adjustment process, I think I’m his first companion for a reason because I struggled so hard when I first came in. It was a pretty hard transition, and I didn’t think I was going to make it. All I can say is that I’m glad the mission gets better the longer you’re out, training is always the hardest. E. McDaniel is a stud, we are the same age and he graduated the same year as me, but decided to do a year of college instead of going right out on the mission. We get along really well, and it’s really nice he has confidence when teaching or talking to people. I knew I was going to get him because he was the most handsome of all the trainees, and I knew my son was going to be handsome. 

We have had so many meetings this week, holy cow. Elder Allard is district leader, since he was training as well I was with him while we were waiting for the greenies to come in. I had to go with him the a district leader meeting, then the next day we went to the training meeting, the next day we had district meeting, then Friday we had weekly planning, Sunday church, and then yesterday we had a huge meeting at the office regarding technology. We have had no time to do missionary work, it’s terrible. 

I’m glad E. McDaniel is in shape because the first couple days we were together we probably biked a solid 40 miles, all our appointments just seemed to be on opposite sides of the area. He’s a good sport, and doesn’t complain about anything which is super awesome. If I was doing this at the beginning of my mission I would have been a big complainer. He’s still learning the right time to shift the gears, and sore as ever. He keeps asking me when the soreness stops, I keep telling him that I’m still sore from riding bikes for a year and a half. I don’t think he likes that answer. Learning how to bike around town and in the gutters is such a weird thing to do, I give him props for only crashing twice. I always know he’s behind me because I can hear him grinding his gears trying to peddle up those hills. Sometimes while we’re biking He’ll just jump off his bike so he doesn’t crash. People always have a bewildered look on their face as they see see this boy some acrobatics trying to stop in time. Anyways he’s doing great, a lot better than I did when I first came in. I love him.

Anyways thanks for all the love and support. The mission really is so amazing. I am starting to love this ward and the people I’m serving, there is always that transition stage when you get transferred, but I’m happy I’m in the hacienda heights first ward. They are so good to us. I love this church, and I love the Lord. Do everything you can to establish the church wherever you are, until Monday.

Elder LeBaron 

1) me and my beautiful baby boy
 
 
 
2) some modeling pics (you can pick which one you want to hang up on your wall)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment