Thursday, January 18, 2018

ELDER MATT LEBARON - 7/3 - 4th of July 💥 🔥 🎉

Family and friends,

Hello once again from SoCal, sorry for not getting to an email last
week. Things have been a little crazy, but I hope that I can satisfy
all my readers needs. Something that is a little surprising to me is
how many people are actually reading these things haha, thank, I'll
try not to disappoint.

Luckily for us things have been cooling down for a week at least, 85
never felt so nice. Missionary work is a lot more bearable when the
weather is nice. Something that is pretty great about California is
that most of the time there is a breeze, even if it's a dry hot
breeze, it's a breeze. I'm not sure why everyone says " well it's a
dry heat" like is that a positive thing? Same thing when I lived in
Arizona people would say, "it's a dry heat" yeah it's a dry heat
similar to what you would find in an oven buddy. Don't try and comfort
me, it's HOT in the summer time guys. I mean sure I'm grateful I'm not
in a place like Florida but still.

Let me tell you, I got bike problems, I think I will have bike
problems until I end my mission riding bikes suck sometimes, but I
can't complain about the hard cardio I'm getting, it's easier to stay
in good shape. Luckily for a boy like me there is a member in the ward
that has a bike shop and he's really making my life easier, what a
blessing. Members are so helpful sometimes, they really can make a big
difference in the work. Something that always amazes me is how many
people are willing to help the missionaries out so graciously and
generously. Keep up the good work! All your efforts wether it be in
your callings, at home, or helping the missionaries, they don't go
unnoticed.

Well there's a lot of changes around here, we're going to meet the new
mission president tomorrow, and transfers are next week, and I can't
help but feel that my company ion is going to get transferred, elder
Stucky, what a guy, I've really enjoyed being with him this last
transfer. We've been getting a lot of good things done around here,
but especially working with Lauryn, she is so ready and prepared, she
really makes me realize that the Lord is preparing people and all we
have to do is open our mouths, it's actually pretty funny she saw the
Book of Mormon play and asked one of her friends that's in our ward "
is any of this true?" He responded " no way!" And then he explained
some things to her and we got involved and she is changing her life,
it's amazing. She loves the Gospel, she loves it so much, she reads
her scriptures and even talks far beyond what we assign her, she wants
to be baptized so bad but her mom won't let her be baptized until she
is 18.   Missions require a lot of sacrifice,  but the only reason
it's so hard is because it's worth it, moments like this,
relationships, and experiences that you have make it all worth it.

This morning I was reading a general conference talk " Am I Good
Enough? Will I make It" in the the October 2016 gen conf. I wanted to
share a quote he shares from President Hinkley, I love that man, he
was my first prophet he says “Brothers and sisters, all the Lord
expects of us is to try, but you have to really try!” And that's all
there is to the gospel friends and family we have to really try and
repent when we mess up, and we will be found in the celestial kingdom
with glory beyond compare. In that day the Lord will say unto you
"Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful
over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou
into the joy of thy lord."

Hope you all have a good week, don't start any forest fires, don't
blow too many things up. Light some fireworks for me, enjoy your 4th,
American freedom is the best! (Also this is a picture of the most
patriotic thing I could find as a missionary)


No comments:

Post a Comment