Thursday, January 18, 2018

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 6/26 - So It's been good!

Plummer has grown on me so much, that I'll be incredibly sad when I have to leave here. It's the worst when you really love somewhere and you know it'll have to end someday.... but "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard", ya know? (AA Milne)
Anyways, this week was pretty busy! We got to go to the temple, and it was absolutely beautiful. I had this really cool experience I decided I can share with you all :). So on Tuesday I got an email that my mom would be moving to Kanab, UT, and it stressed me out a little bit because it throws a little wrench in the plans. It just felt like home was going to be so different, no matter what I decide to do when I get back. But then, as soon as I stepped into the temple, I felt so at home. I had this soft impression that I always have a home, and it's not on Earth. I felt for the first time "homesick for heaven", and it changed my perspective. So I'm trying not to worry so much :). It was really neat. 
Thursday we had Zone Conference, so Sis Hartman and I got to be in Coeur d'Alene all day. I got to do a training on "Teaching people, not lessons" with Sister Hulsey :) and it went really well! It helped me refocus on my purpose as a missionary, which is to individually know people so I can individually teach them the lessons. It went really well :). We also had stake reports that night, and we got to meet with President Moss. He's a pretty cool guy, and he's excited to do missionary work, which is so nice! 
We've also been able to see Anastasia and Johnothon pretty much every day this week. They are seriously my favorite people. We had a lesson with Johnothon on Faith and Repentance, and we got him crying. He felt it so much. I had this thought while we were preparing for the lesson, that what if someone we really loved like, jumped in front of a bullet for us. And their last words were something like "Just become the best person you can be, and don't forget me". Wouldn't you do everything you could to live up to that? So why is it so hard to keep Christ's commandments? Why is it such a sacrifice for us to become our best selves? It changed my life, guys. And it felt right to use it with Johnothon, and he felt it so strong. He understands it now. :) I'm so excited for him!! 
Also this week, at zone conference, I got to play the piano for the opening and closing hymns (yes, I can hear mom and Jill saying "I told you so", so I don't want to hear it) and I got to play hymn 60, the battle hymn of the Republic :). And in it, my favorite line is "As He died to make men holy, let us live to make men free". And let me tell you, it hit me so hard! I've written it everywhere since then. Christ died for us! And it's our job to tell others they are free because of it. It's amazing. 
Anyways.... I don't have a lot more to report... but things are good in Plummer :). I'm excited for transfers in a week, we'll see what happens! And I'm pumped I'm about to hit my year mark in like 2 weeks. I can hardly believe it. Time moves so fast out here....
I love you all! I hope you all have an amazing week :).
Love,
Sister Johnson 

Our whole zone got to go to the temple together, it was fantastic. Here's the crew! :) 
 
 Sorry not a lot of pictures... I'm out of time. But I love you all! 



No comments:

Post a Comment