Thursday, January 18, 2018

ELDER MATT LEBARON - 6/5/17 - New area, new adventures

Well party people another Monday has rolled around, and so here we are. The week went pretty well! This area is pretty cool, I think that there are a lot of good things going on here, and I got a feeling that I'm probably going to be here 6 months, but who knows this last transfer got me by surprise.

La Verne reminds me a lot of Glendora, except I think that people here are more consistently wealthy around here, I haven't seen a bad part of town yet, not to say that there are very many places like that in Glendora, but there were places you could find some of the poor people. It's weird to see so many kids and families, it seems to be a pretty good community that has a lot of young families, which seems to be pretty promising. I'm back into a white ward, I don't think I have seen anyone with even a tan in this ward. There are perks to it, like having people that you can trust to take on lessons, and there is a lot of structure, but at the same time it's just not as fun. In my last two areas there weren't really too many white people in the ward, especially the Filipino (only me and Elder Cottle) but I think I'll enjoy myself here

we have a few people we are working with, one of which is super awesome, her name is Lauren, she is a 17 year old girl that went and saw the play the Book of Mormon, she got curious asked her friend about it, and before she knew it the missionaries were there teaching her. She read the first paragraph of the restoration pamphlet and started crying. Really the only reason she isn't baptized yet is because her mom won't allow her to, her  birthday is in October and she wants to get baptized then, I could possibly still be in this area when that rolls around, so  that would be pretty cool!

My new companion is super cool! his name is Elder Stucky, we both are really easy going, so its been a lot of fun working with him. We go out and work hard, but still find time to be able to have fun throughout the day and joke around a little bit, those are the best companions.

This email is pretty bland, but there wasn't a whole lot going on this week, other than just trying to adjust back to bike life. oh man... biking sucks. I forgot just how much it sucks, haha. especially when you get a 6 week break, and all your muscles atrophy. not to mention this place has hills, not like Glendora, but you pretty much have a constant up hill slope and a steep hill every few streets. I was convinced I was dying for the first 2 days. I forgot how sore you butt gets when your getting back on the ol'  cavello. last transfer I started working out with weights, but in this pad.. there are so many more. I've been going pretty hard in the mornings switching off different muscle groups, so thats been something new too, to have both my upper and lower body sore all the time, but I feel good. I really like the feeling after getting a good work out in, and I mean, getting some good cardio in all day doesn't hurt either. Honestly it's just messed up that I got to know what a car was like in the shortest amount possible, in a relatively cool time of the year. Sometimes I wonder if president laughs to himself as he messes with all the missionaries on transfers.  

Well, I hope that all of you guys have a great week! work hard make your dreams come true, get something nice for yourself this week, you deserve it.

Elder LeBaron
614 West Foothill Blvd, Arcadia, California, 91006

No comments:

Post a Comment