Thursday, January 18, 2018

ELDER MATT LEBARON - 8/14 - The week of trials

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the 2 weeks of not sending anything out, things have been
crazy! We have just been running around and doing all this stuff,
mainly shopping we have the ZLs in our pad and they drag us around
everywhere, which can be fun, but I don't have a lot of time to email
anymore which kind of sucks, but you gotta make do with what you have.

The last two weeks have been crazy, first off, let me just say, I
still hate riding bikes. Riding bikes is fine, there is some great
health benefits from riding all day, but oh man, you guessed it, so
many bike problems. I have been getting a lot of flat tires lately,
mainly because my tires are so thin because I have been riding my bike
all day everyday for the last 14 months basically, so I finally
decided it was time to get new tires. This time I got some that are a
little thicker, and will last a little longer without me having to
worrying about the tread wears off too quickly. I got 4 flat tires in
a span of 24 hours, 2 of them being my fault. I was pumping up one of
my tires, the bike began to fall and all I could grab was the pump, so
that ripped off my valve... and you definitely can't patch that up.
The next one I had when i was trying to install my new tires on, they
are super thick and hard to fit around the frame. I broke 2 of the
plastic bike tools, I had no options left so against my better
judgement I used a screwdriver, you can imagine how that turned out.
Ha.

Enough about the bike stuff, it's just annoying haha. We had a temple
trip planned with one of our recent converts this week, we just got a
new rule that allows us to go with them to do baptism for the dead! Me
and elder stucky had planned it out weeks in advance, got approval,
and worked out rides. It was pretty cool because we got permission to
go to the Newport temple since the L.A temple is currently closed,
that's a pretty amazing experience, I don't think there is anyone from
my mission that has ever gone to the new port temple before. We were
so pumped, but 5 minutes before we left my comp looked at his
recommend and realized it was expired! We called the mission president
but there was nothing we could do, so we missed it! That suck haha,
but it's okay we recovered well and went back to work.

We are working with a lot of cool people! There is a new girl that we
have started to teach! Her name is Jacquelyn, she's the girlfriend of
one of the young men in the wars that just graduated, she is so
prepared and ready to receive the gospel, the only sad thing about it
is that she is going to college this Saturday, she's already set up
for baptism, and we have a great relationship with her, man I hate
when I have to pass off someone that is doing so well! We have picked
up a few different families that we are teaching, it's hard to meet
with them, but the work continues! I seriously love the ward that I'm
in, they are so good to us, and we have really good relationships with
the adults and especially the youth, it really is a delight to serve
in La Verne. Anyways thanks for all you guys do, and especially for
all the nice things you have done for me over the course of my
mission.

Elder LeBaron

No comments:

Post a Comment