Friday, January 26, 2018

SISTER SARAH JOHNSON - 1/15 - It was a great week guys!

Sister Sonenstahl and I have had so much fun talking and laughing all the time. Man I am going to miss her when she goes... but it's ok. Because we decided I'm going to live in her basement when I go off to college. So we'll be real roommates, and real friends, instead of assigned ones haha. 
We had a couple of FANTASTIC lessons this week! We got to read some of the Book of Mormon with a lady named B and her husband Cody. They are awesome, and ask a lot of good questions. We even got to tackle the polygamy thing, which is always an adventure. And we had a great Plan of Salvation lesson with Pebbles and her daughter Naomi. They are so sweet. After we finished, Naomi asked her mom a question about spirits, and we got to watch Pebbles explain the pre-earth life back to Naomi, and it just made my heart so full of happiness! The Plan of Salvation is all about families and finding joy, and in that one instant, I saw so much hope for that little family. I love them so much. 
Also this week, we got a smartphone! Sister Sonenstahl and I ordered our own, but neither of them came in. So since Sister Sonenstahl is going home soon, they gave her one of the mission phones to use. We've been updating all of our old records and information, and putting them into an online area book thing. It takes foreverrrrr but it's been so nice to have things to do when it's dark and cold and nobody wants to see us haha. And reading emails throughout the week is a huge bonus, and I'm super happy about it. 
We got to watch President Monson's funeral with our district this last week too. Again, the Plan of Salvation just brings so much peace. I didn't feel sad at all that he's passed on, mostly because I just know how happy he's got to be on the other side now. God's plan is just so good! 
I also decided that reading to the elderly people in the nursing home every Friday is one of my favorite parts of the week. They're all just so sweet to us, even if they only barely remember who we are. I love learning all their names and shaking their hands after we read. You can tell they just crave a little kindness and love, and that makes it so much more rewarding to give. One lady this week even asked me all about Joseph Smith, and asked how long I've been a Mormon. I got to bear the shortest, tiniest testimony ever to her, and just said "I've been a member my whole life, and I love it so much. It makes me so happy". Let me tell you, I haven't felt so strongly about anything in a long time, and I almost cried right there. Our testimonies don't have to be anything eloquent or detailed for the Holy Ghost to testify to our hearts that what we believe is so true. I love this Gospel and my Savior Jesus Christ so much, it just makes me so happy! 
Well, today we get to go to Lewiston for zone pday. Woo! We finally get to shop at Walmart! It should be fun. We never get to see the city missionaries, but half of them are legendary marshmallow dodgeball players, so hopefully I don't come home with bruises. 
Anyways, i love you all so much! 
Sister Sarah Johnson








No comments:

Post a Comment